Monday, January 28, 2019

the best laid plans....

Wow - I’m freaking out just a little, January is almost over!  That is crazy to me.  (I will be glad to start a “february tab” and not have to scroll down so much.  I feel pretty confident when I say this is the most consistent journaling I have ever done in my life - Well, I  did an “ok” job on my mission, but even then, I missed too many days :(

So, Yesterday -  I know that in my entry, I listed out what the plan was supposed to look like.  I don’t think ONE thing went exactly as planned!  It was quite the day.  Not bad, per se, but really wonky and kept me off kilter all day.  I rolled with it, and everything got done, but it left me feeling exhausted and totally drained by then end of the day.  Last night as I was trying to fall asleep I kept letting these deep sigh-like breathes out.  Tim ask me what was wrong - nothing was wrong, I was just trying to release/relax my body - I felt so tightly wound and just couldn’t unwind.  I was super tempted to turn off my alarm and not get up today - but NO!  I must finish strong.  (and I’ll be honest, I have a busy enough week coming up that I need every ounce of help I can get it all done!

Stake Family Choir rehearsal was a bit chaotic…  I don’t recall if I already wrote about this, but the stake presidency wanted us to incorporate the congregation in the last hymn.  It LOOKED like an easy fix, vocally it seemed like an easy fix - but when we actually tried singing it, people were confused, the accompaniment didn’t work with it, it was just a bit crazy.  Sister McLaughlin, Sister Gilbert, and Brother and Sister Cook stayed after practice for an extra 20 - 25 minutes and we finally figured it out.  Brother Cook has a software program to write music and he is going to write out the changes and print them so that the choir members can just read the music like normal, instead of having to remember what they skip, where they jump back to, etc..  Hopefully we didn’t scare anyone off and we will be able to pull it all together next Sunday.  (our final practice before Stake Conference.)

No comments: