Tuesday, January 8, 2019

no catchy title

Yesterday was a good day.  I wouldn’t go so far as to say (as the author of TMM does, that it is like “WAKING UP on CHRISTMAS MORNING…” but I am finding that my days are seeming more productive and purposeful.
Yesterday was a good day at work.  I love the feelings of validation and appreciation that the teachers give so freely.  It helps me see meaning and purpose and value in what I do.  I haven’t always FELT meaningful, helpful, useful, and of value - so in this way, working has been a big help to me.  It has helped me see the good that I can do and be.
Today is a “workout” day - (I have to leave in 5 minutes.  I’m thinking I did not get up quite early enough.  I was hoping I could just have ONE set time to get up - (5am) and make it work for my workout days as well, but it took me 10 minutes to get out of bed, dressed, brush my teeth, let the dog out, notice the dog bowl was low on water and refilled it, etc…  so either I need to get faster as getting up and ready, or I might need to get up a bit earlier on “own it” workout days.  ( and I still haven’t successfully implemented the exercise portion of the miracle morning, but I’m not kicking myself - I am doing well and I am proud of the progress I AM making.
Caleb was feeling anxiety again last night.  I worry about that boy.  He is so young, and yet he feels so much pressure and anxiety already.  Not about things he’s involved in right now (well, except scouts) but about things in the future.  I think he was 5 years old the first time I found him in his bed crying and all upset, all because he was worried that he wouldn’t be a good dad.  That his kids would hate him, he wouldn’t be able to work to provide for a family, etc…  Last night he was worrying about college, serving a mission, and being a grown up.  Somehow I need to help him learn some coping skills - or I worry that he will REALLY have trouble once he hits puberty and the hormones and teenage pressures of life start compounding his natural anxiety.

No comments: