Thursday, January 10, 2019

set backs

I guess one Miracle Morning thing that I don’t care for is journaling in the morning.  I suppose that is because in my mind, journaling is still basically just a recap of what I am doing.  IN the book , it is more.  It is a time to write down dreams, hopes, challenges, accomplishments etc…  or something like that.  For me it is still very much a “write down what I did during the day” type of thing, and that is harder to do “the morning after.”  Oh well

Yesterday was not my best day.  I woke up feeling a little off kilter - but couldn’t ever figure out why.  (I did not get up as intended at 5:00…  I‘m sure i woke up long enough to turn off my fitbit silent alarm (it vibrates on my wrist to wake me) but apparently I never really woke up.  I DID wake up (and GET UP) at 5:45.  I did do my new morning routine (still not incorporating exercise on my non- “OWN it” days - but think I’m made some steps in getting that into the routine.  (I’ve mostly cleaned up the section of my room that is blocking the treadmill, so I’m thinking on cold mornings when I don’t go to OWN it to work out, I can just walk/jog/run on the the treadmill for 10 minutes.

I as was saying, yesterday was a weird day.  The day before had been awesome - I had a spring in my step, and song in my head, and was feeling awesome.  Yesterday was like the opposite.  I think there was just something in the air, because the kids at school were off too, and many adult I spoke to said it was a weird day for them as well.  Oh well - TODAY is a NEW DAY, and I am feeling good.

Speaking of the kids at school being off - I had to deal with a couple of situations where kids weren’t being kind to each other.  It is amazing to me how when they get called out on something - it is always someone else’s fault.  A group of kids were being unkind to another girl, and when I talked to them - everyone one of them started off by saying something that tried to pass the blame to someone else.  “They are making me ….”  “He told us we should…”  etc…  I really ripped into them.  They (and the day in general) had basically pushed me OVER my limit and I let them have it!  Two of them lied straight out to me and I stopped them mid-sentence and called them out on it.  In my prayer and visualization this morning I asked for help today in “afterwards showing an increase of love.”  I need to especially look for the positive in those children today - so they know it was the BEHAVIOR that was unacceptable - not THEM.

No comments: