Sunday, January 20, 2019

Day 15

I’m up!  Happy Sabbath!  (got up at 6 instead of 5, but it was on purpose  :)

Yesterday was a good day.  I think probably the highlight of my day came while I was our running around trying to get music purchased and copied in preparation for our stake choir rehearsal tonight.  I can’t recall if I’ve written about this yet, and I’m not going to scroll back to find out, so here’s the abbreviated version:  We have stake conference in 3 weeks, and we have yet to get direction regarding music from the area authority who is presiding at that meeting.  Last Sunday we decided that we have to at least move forward and start preparing something.  I felt good about asking Sister McLaughlin to direct a choir, and together we came up with the idea of putting together a “family choir.”  We chose two songs, both of which our ward choir sang while Rebecca was the director.  The first is a beautiful SATB arrangement of “A Child’s Prayer”  and the second is called “Testimony,” which is a combination of “I Believe in Christ” & “I am a Child of God.”  I spent a bunch of time this week reaching out to specific families from each ward in the stake, inviting them to participate in the choir.   (That’s been a little frustrating, as many of them have not responded to let me know of their intentions, and I have NO IDEA what kind of numbers we are going to have tonight, or if I need to find other people to represent that ward, or what???

 ANYWAY….  Back to my original point...

As I was driving around, I was singing the songs for conference, over and over, and I had a very strong spiritual confirmation that this IS what Heavenly Father wants for this conference.  I had just sung the chorus of I am a child of God, “Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way.  Teach me all that I must do, to live with him someday.” I felt it so clearly and powerfully,  It is is time for FAMILIES to step up.  They have to, or these last days will be too difficult and will pull them apart.  Regardless of what any given family unit may look like, it is time for individuals to step up and take responsibility for the building and strengthening of personal testimony.  Parents must teach their children.  Singles, couples without children, and empty nesters must all take responsibility to ensure that they are continually becoming more like the Savior each day.   I reconfirmed all of the things I’ve been thinking and feeling as we’ve been doing our best to implement the new Come Follow Me curriculum in our home.

Another busy day ahead - but I it is going to be a good one!

No comments: