Saturday, January 26, 2019

Good morning!  Another week is in the history books. It was a good day at work yesterday.  I signed my letter of intent, meaning I intend to return to work at Reagan again next year.  It was interesting to me how hard it was mentally for me to have to sign that.  It surprise me, because I really do love my job.  I love the 3rd grade team I work with and love the kids.  (of course, I’ll have a new group of kids next year, but I have no reason to doubt that I’ll love them too…) I love the purpose I feel.   It helps keep my depression lower as I am forced to get up and leave the house everyday.  I love the external validation I get on a daily basis.  I enjoy that it earns me spending money - so I am able to do "extra things" (like get a massage every month, pay for my workouts with Own IT, and pay Teresa to come help me clean once a week)  All of these are reasons why it should be a no brainer that I will keep working... but for some reason, the idea of committing a “whole year” of my life felt heavy.  Almost anxiety inducing.  It was strange.  With a reminder and prodding from Marie (one of the recess aides) I signed it and turned it in.  Once I had it signed, the heavy feeling was gone and I felt fine about it.  It was just weird.  I guess I really just don't to commit myself to things...

Tim & I went out to dinner last night for date night.  (The Red Deli)  It’s a sandwich place in Provo that I had never heard of.  Tim is trying to clean out and get rid off some stuff, and he sold them all of our Wii stuff.  We did not a a full working set, but had enough they thought they could get a working set up and running.  Instead of giving him the $125 - $150 he was asking, they paid him with a $250 gift card.  So - that is where we went. :)  The food was good.  I had tomato/pumpkin soup ( A unique flavor, but good) and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Today is looking to be a busy day.  Ready. Set. GO!

No comments: