Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Progress - not finish line


I’m losing track of what day I’m on.  I have to scroll back…  ok, it says today is day 17 :)

Yesterday was Martin Luther King (jr) day, so no school for the kids and no work for me.  (Tim worked from home since there was a big winter storm that hit.  Driving to and fro the temple was a bit of an adventure - did some sliding for sure.  :) 

Didn’t DO a whole lot yesterday.  After the temple trip (which took over 3 hours because the baptistry was SUPER busy)  we ate lunch, then Bryan went off to go sledding with friends (didn’t come back until like 5:00pm)  Katrina also disappeared soon after, headed up the Goodwins for a movie party with her group.   I did get the kitchen cleaned up and made taco soup for dinner.  Also spent time working on music for stake conference and working on scout planning with Bryan and Caleb.  (trying to figure out which merit badges to have them sign up to work on at their two summer camps and powwow.)

Apparently Aaron is now done with working at Denny’s.  He got home yesterday at 3 am, and that was his last shift.  He slept some, then cleaned out the fish tank for me, then spend the evening hanging out with Ethan.  I wish I know what was going on in that boys head…  but I don’t dare ask - for fear that if he is going a direction that I want him to go, and I act pleased about it, he’ll turn and run the other way.   

Today is the much dreaded dentist appointment for me and the 3 younger kids.  I sure wish my teeth were made of stronger stuff - And I wish Katrina had inherited Tim’s strong teeth instead of my weak ones…  She and I brush WAY better than the boys, but they never have cavities and we always do!  Just isn’t very fair!

I had a thought today that I liked.  It was the idea that I need to celebrate the PROGRESS I am making, because when talking about personal growth/improvement, there is no finish line.  So today I celebrate that for over 2 weeks, I have gotten up early every day.  I have studied my spanish everyday.  I have studied the gospel every day.  I have said my prayers every day.  I have been writing and saying and thinking positive affirmations every day.  That is good for me.  I can see that it is good.  It is hard for me to say that I see “progress,”  But really, this IS progress for me.  I have taken 17 baby steps to developing greater self control and discipline.  That is 17 steps of progress, right?

No comments: