Thursday, January 24, 2019

finishing my Miracle Morning at NIGHT... :)


I DID get up this morning, and got the first 4 parts of my MM completed, then went off to my workout, but when I got home, it was time to drive Katrina to Early Morning seminary, then when I got home, it was time for family scripture study... then sent the boys and Tim off to work and school, and at that point, I should have done my journal and personal study, but I got busy dealing with stake choir stuff instead.  At this point, it looks like we might be changing the order of the two songs we selected, and adapting the song “A Child’s Prayer just enough that the congregation can sing it with us.  It won’t be the “same,”  but I think it will be ok.   Now just waiting for final approval of that plan…

Today was a good, BUSY day.  Work went well, I still feel like I have a little less patience with a few of the kids than I used to.  One of the boys used to be so respectful…  lately he’s been pretty unruly, talking out, being disruptive, etc…  I’m cutting him some slack because a couple weeks ago his uncle (a police officer here in Utah County, was shot and killed in the line of duty.  Who knows what emotions he’s dealing with and how his particular coping strategy might be coming into play…

The boys, Bryan & Caleb had their first after school “robotics” class today.  They came home reporting that it was cool.  Bryan enjoyed it way better, because he liked the person he got paired with.  Caleb came home angry and frustrated because he got paired with a boy who can be a challenge.  He already knows everything, wouldn’t listen to Caleb, wouldn’t let Caleb help, wasn’t following the instructions and then got mad when he did something wrong and it didn’t work right, etc…  I'm hoping it gets better.  I want this to be a good experience fro Caleb too!  I contacted a merit badge counselor and it looks like most of the requirements will be covered with this class, so I’m feeling great about this class being FUN and helping them get another merit badge.

We had scouts tonight with troop 707.  They are still working on building the Klondike sled, but the rules to safe scouting prohibit the boys from using any power tools, so only Brother Oldryod could drill the holes and screw things in.  The boys helped some at the beginning, measuring and marking things, but then there was not much for them to do.  I worked with Caleb (and any other boys who wanted to) and we got a few more rank advancement things passed off.

Aaron is down in Moab tonight (at least, that’s where we think he is and where he is supposed to be…)  He was gone when I got home at 6:30 this morning, and we haven’t seen him or heard from him all day, so hopefully he is down there safe and sound.  They are doing so prep work for this summer down at camp.  He drove himself down because he committed to go down, before he realized that he was also committed to attend his next “impact training” retreat this weekend.

I think that’s enough for tonight.  I’ll sign off and do a quick personal study. To complete my day :)

No comments: