Thursday, January 17, 2019

Day 11 - (and almost 12)

So, I DID get up this morning, a little slower than intended, but I got up.  (It was an "Own It" day, which meant I have to be down at "the shop" (the warehouse type things where we workout) by 5:45.  I kind of woke up at 5:00, but didn't get up until 5:10, so didn't start my MM until 5:15 - 5:20.  I got a few things done, then headed off to workout.  (that does count as my exercise, it's just a lot more than the designated 10 minutes.

After workout I drove Katrina to Early morning seminary, then when I got back it was time for family "come follow me" study...  got the kids out the door, took care of some emails for my stake music chairman calling, then jumped int he shower to get ready for work.

Just SO MUCH going on... ALL THE TIME!

Worked, then spent 30 minutes brushing up on my scouting knowledge before heading over to the 6th ward cubmaster's house to help him with some questions he had about scoutbook and registering new boys.  The funny thin is, we were both so worried about "looking really dumb" in front of the other, we both spent time trying to figure stuff out and be prepared.  By the time I got there to help - he had basically figured a lot of it out.  I was able to show him one thing he didn't know yet on scoutbook, and he showed me one thing I had never done as far as registering boys online, and we had a few laughs.  It was good.

From there, I went home, ate some food (i don't typically eat lunch at school), then remembered that today was the stake blood drive.  I didn't have an appointment, and last time I went it took TWO HOURS!, but this time there was no wait - I had a great technician, and I got in and out in about 35 minutes, just in time to go pick up the boys and get them to scouts on time.  (Community troop)  hey were still working on building their sled for the upcoming klondike, and there was a lot of down time since there was only one hand saw and the boys are not super fast at cutting with it.  Since there WAS a lot of downtime, we had brought rope and our "knot" book, so I helped Caleb and another new boy learn some knots and they got them passed off.  Felt good to get it done.  I think next week I will take the stuff needed to pass off his last two requirements - then he can advance to the "scout rank."

All in all - a good day.  SO technically - that was TODAY'S report, day 11.  What did I do yesterday>  to be honest, it is hard to remember...

yesterday - I did wake up ...  I did my Miracle Morning stuff...ummmm...  worked on (and made a little bit of progress) on stake choir stuff?   helped Bryan make dinner as an assignment for life skills.  (had him make Spaghetti squash boats)  they turned out pretty good.  Tim, Katrina, Bryan & I all liked them.  Caleb tried one bite and said it was like eating slimy brains...  We had to send in the recipe and pictures for him to get credit for the assignment.  Sorry - lame recap of day 9, I just really can't remember many details!







No comments: