Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Family Skiing

Guess what?  It is NOT morning!  I DID get up this morning, but it was an OWN IT work out day, and I had a really hard time getting moving, so all I had time for was a the first few parts of my MM.  (I did Prayer, Affirmations, visualization, and 10 minutes of spanish language lessons.  Now it is almost 8pm and I am so ready to go to bed!!!
I guess I need to think back TWO days…  Yesterday was Monday.  I have quite a few things going on this week and I was feeling pretty stressed out about everything I have to get done…  I was hoping to get a big jump on my to-do list on Monday evening.  Instead, Tim announced that he was going to take a ½ day offf work and take us all skiing.  I decided that I was going to stay home and get stuff done, since i don’t love skiing like the boys do.  That was my plan until after school when I talked to katrina, and she REALLY wanted me to come with her.  (She and I ski at about the same level & speed so we make good buddies)  I decided that I needed to follow my own affirmation and “invest time” in the relationships that matter so I went skiing!  We went up to Sundance and it was fun.  COLD, but fun. 


Uncle Mike met us up there and the boys LOVE skiing with him because he is crazy and fun - but also a good teacher to help them develop a few skills.  I skiied for about 2.5 hours then my feet couldn’t take it anymore.  I was ok when I was standing or skiing, but if I sat (like on a chairlift) I felt excruciating pain in my toes.  LIKE - SO SO SO BAD!!!  I thought I was going to die!  (not literally of course, but it was seriously painful.  I decided I was done, and returned all my ski gear and put on my regular boot.  My toes continued to hurt for at least another 30 - 45 minutes, but I just kept walking around to get the blood flowing.  Even this morning when I got up, my toes still hurt.  They weren’t cold anymore, but they were still sore.  They seem ok now.  My KNEES are still killing me though.  Apparently I use my knees too much as I turn or something.  Anyway - it was fun.  Katrina skied until about 8:15 when she was too cold to keep going.  The boys skied until the bitter end, ending their last run at about 9:10.  It took another 15 - 20 minutes before they had returned all the gear and we were on the road home.  We got home just after 10pm.

It was a fun family adventure.

Today was hard to wake up - and as I said, my knees hurt, but it’s been a good day.   Got in my workout, had a good day at work, got a good start on my decoration stuff for the troop 707 pancake breakfast on Saturday, and took care of some of the stuff i needed to do for stake music.  Even helped with homework and helped Caleb make dinner.  All in all, a good days work.  (still lots to do this week, but I am well on my way)

Now it is 8:30 and I think I’m going to wrap things up and go to bed early!!!