Wednesday, January 23, 2019

DAY 18


Good morning.  I actually woke up a few minutes before my alarm went off, so at 5 when my watch started vibrating, I just quickly turned it off.  Then almost as instantly, fell back asleep!  Luckily, I woke up not long after and got up by 5:20.

I wonder if this “scribe” (or journaling for me) exercise each morning is supposed to be more than just writing down what I did…  Maybe I should relisten to that section of the book.  I remember him (the author) talking about how at the end of the year (or any given period of time, I guess) He would go back and read all that he had written, and just be amazed at the growth.  I guess I’m worried that I am just going to see myself plodding along, day after day and not see much of anything.  I supposed I am worrying for nothing - I am sure there will be growth…  and let’s be honest, I know I need to keep a journal.  I’ve been trying off and on over the years to do it, so anything I am doing is better than what I WAS doing.  (which was nothing.)

As part of my “visualization” time this morning, I re-read my patriarchal blessing.  Nothing totally JUMPED out at me, but I think I need to take time to listen to & study the recent conference talks about how to receive and respond to personal revelation.  I feel that I have so much more capacity then I am currently harnessing. When it comes to turning  to the Lord in prayer and feeling confident in receiving and recognizing answers…

Yesterday was a good day…  well, not really - we went to the dentist and that always ruins my day.  Not bashing on our dentist - I like HIM.  He is nice and seems to be good at what he does - I just have the weakest teeth ever! (and apparently I passed them down to poor Katrina) so no matter how hard I try to take of them, I always end up with cavities.  Katrina and I will be going back on Feb 6 to get our respective cavities taken care of.  In my defense, mine isn’t even a new cavity.  One of my old fillings is breaking down and has a little hole in it…  That’s been the story of my last several trips to the dentist.  Old fillings that are falling apart.  ARGH!  When we finally got home at 5, I was in no mood to cook, so we had pizza for dinner, and had a family movie night.

I suppose the final thing I will write about is Caleb.  I am concerned for him.  He is so angry all of the time.  And really, it seems to be for no good reason…  He has pretty serious anxiety too.  I am not sure how to help him.

No comments: