Sunday, January 27, 2019

3 full weeks!

Wow - Counting my start day at Jan 6th, I have done my new schedule for 3 full weeks!  I am proud of myself!

I tried an (unplanned) experiment last night.  My fitbit needed to be charged, so when I went to bed I left it charging, and just figured I’d wake up whenever I woke up.  (We do have morning church, but Tim has a 7:30 meeting, so I knew that if I slept too late - he’d wake me up before he left.)  I woke up at 4:30.  Went back to sleep.   4:45.  Back to sleep.  5:15.  Got up.  I guess my body is adjusting to this new schedule or something.

Today we have church from 9 - 11.  I am helping the 14th ward with a YW song practice from 11 - 11:25.  We have ward choir practice from 11 - 12.  Sometime around 1:30 mom and Dad Fugal will be driving up to participate in Caleb being conferred the priesthood and ordained a deacon - and Bryan will be ordained to the office of a teacher.  Then we have stake family choir tonight from 6 - 6:45, then a youth fireside at 7.  (Kick off the new year type of fireside.)   So another pretty full day.  I’m sort of supposed to attend the 8th ward’s ward conference today but I haven’t decided yet if I am going to go.  I really don’t see much purpose in me being there.  I Don’t DO anything.  I just show up, then I leave.  I do get to see people from the other wards who don’t often get to see, but I’m not sure I’m in the mood today to go.  It is also at 9 - so I’d miss our sacrament meeting to go…  I don’t know.  I’ll think about it.

Yesterday was a pretty good day - but It ended up a little rough.  I got up and did (most of) my MM stuff, then did Bountiful baskets.  Went straight from there to OWN IT workout, getting home at about 9:15.  Ate breakfast, then hurried and showered and got ready to take some youth to the temple.  Katrina set up the trip, but she didn’t actually go - she went to the temple in earlier in the morning with some of her school friends.  We actually just missed them.  They left the temple at about 11:30, and that is when I was picking up thekids here to GO.  Anyway - while I showered, Tim and the boys went up to the woolfs for a Pancake Breakfast fundraiser.  They are trying to earn money for Ashley to go to China with President brayton’s company to teach English.
HE took them straight from there to the Stake Center for their basketball game.  (it is church ball season…  they have a game basically every weeks for the next 6 weeks or so)  After I had showered and gotten ready fro the temple, I drove over to watch their game and cheer for them. 
Now, to be real, my boys don’t play basketball.  Seriously, They don’t know how.  We aren’t really a sports family.  The extent of their knowledge about basketball would be what they have picked up in PE class or at school.  Our ward only had 6 boys there, 3 of whom really don’t play ball.  (Bryan, Caleb, and Daniel M.)  The other 3 boys were Eli, Christian, & Austin.  THOSE boys are really GOOD!  Basically, the 4 older boys stayed in the whole game, and Caleb & Daniel took turns swapping in and out.  The 14th ward had 14  boys there to play, and you could tell by their warm ups that they took basketball seriously.  I was pretty sure we were going to be blown out of the water.  Imagine my surprise when we won!  I was proud of our boys.  I was grateful that although my boys were not really a HELP to the team, the 3 “good players” weren’t rude or mean to them.  True, they didn’t pass a whole lot to them either, but they did try to pass it to them on occasion, and IF they actually caught the pass, my boys would just pass it right back.  I’m thinking we should take the boys over to the church a few times over the next few weeks and try to help them build a little confidence and at least a few basic skills.  Like how to dribble and pass the ball.  That would be helpful!

Anyway - the game went 20 minutes over, and as soon as it was done, I grabbed the boys and we ran.  I got home at 11:24, and was supposed to be leaving to pick up people at 11:25…  It was too late for Bryan to shower and come with us, so he didn’t come.  I picked up the Goodwin girls, Gordon, Beth, and Christie.  We went to the Provo City Center temple.  It was a full session - but we got there in time.

By the time I got home about 2:45, I just felt DONE.  Like I had already had a full day, yet I hadn’t done anything at home yet.  Katrina was having her friends over at 5 to bake cupcakes for JJ’s birthday (JJ Smith) and then watch a movie…  so we had to at least clean up the kitchen.  For whatever reason, my mood kind of tanked…  Oh well.  Today is a NEW DAY!

No comments: