Friday, February 1, 2019

A look back at January

GOOD MORNING and Happy FEBRUARY!

It is mind blowing to me that we are 1/12 the way done with 2019.  (using months as my measuring device)  Since I just wrote last night and gave you a very specific look at what I did, there is no need to report on “yesterday.”  Instead I will look back and review my “January.”

It was a really good month for me.  Very Busy.  A little stressful at times, but good.  I can see personal growth.  I am almost officially done with my 30 day miracle morning challenge and it has definitely been a positive experience.  No, I haven’t lost 10 lbs or seen drastic changes in my relationships with others.  My house isn’t a spotless, organized place to be and I’m not financially seeing any difference in my life.  (I mention some of those things, because those are some of the things that the author noticed.  He didn’t mention a clean organized home…  that was just one of mine that I think I hoped for a little bit)  But the fact is - I have noticed a difference.  It is a little hard to put into words, but I will try.

I feel more self confident.  I set out to do something that I knew would be hard for me, and stuck to it - even on mornings when i had gotten to be late, or hadn’t slept well.  It feels good to be able to say that I didn’t quit.  I didn’t give in or give up when it was “hard’.  It helps me have the confidence to believe that I can do other HARD things.  I have always tended to be a “Fizzler.”  I start out great at something, go strong a whole week or two, then fizzle out.  This shows me that I don’t HAVE to be a fizzler…  I can be a FINISHER

I have been more productive.  I feel like I have been better able to identify my priorities and get what needs to be done, done.  Perhaps it is because in the morning I look at my day and decide what I want to get done that day, then I set out and do it…  maybe it’s because I am getting up early and getting the most important things done FIRST, which gets the ball rolling and makes it easier to KEEP getting things done…  (the whole “object in motion stays in motion” theory)  I don’t know exactly, but it feels good.  Even yesterday, as I had SO much to do and very little down time, I wasn’t feeling overly anxious or stressed, just busy.  I knew what needed to be done and I got it done.  It felt good.

I have made some better choices.  I have had a few times this month where I was face with a choice, and a line from one of my affirmations would come into my mind and instantly, the choice would be clear.  (for example, the choice to go skiing with my family.  “I choose to invest time & energy into the relationships that matter most,” & “I enjoy active adventures with my family.”  Another example was when a good friend of mine (former college roommate) posted something negative about the church on Facebook.  I usually just ignore things people post, because I really hate confrontation, but the line “I stand as a witness of God at all times, and in all things, and in all places” came to mind.  SO, I commented on her post, kindly and respectfully correcting the things that had been misrepresented.  She was not offended (at least I don’t think so, she “liked” my comment), nor did it start a big battle of words or contention, and I was left feeling really good about my choice to stand as a witness.

I feel better about my self worth.  I have just felt better about myself, who I am, and who I want to become.  It’s like investing time and effort into myself is helping me see and feel like I AM worth investing into.

I don’t know, those are the things that come to mind.  It’s been good.  I am going to continue to do it.

No comments: