Saturday, February 16, 2019

a Busy Saturday ahead...

Believe it or not, I got up at 4:30 this morning!  Shocking, I know.  (and that is after going to be at 11:00 :(  I think I am going to want a nap this afternoon :)  After looking at the schedule for today, I had to figure out what was MOST important.  There were just too many things happening and a lot of shuffling to fit it all in.  I am going to skip my workout this morning, but I’ll ask Keyyan (the trainer) to send me a picture of the workout board and I will do as much of it at home as I can.

I got up at 4:30 so I could shower.  It is now 6:00 and I have done my prayers, affirmations, visualization, and Spanish lesson.  I also logged in to family search and identified a few names to take to the temple today.  I didn’t print them out yet, because it says I already printed them, so I need to check my temple bag and make sure I really have them.  (not checking right now because my bag is up on the shelf in the closet and Tim is still sleeping :) 

I will leave in about 15 minutes to go to bountiful baskets.  When I get home at 8, I’ll change for the temple, then at 8:30 I’ll drive the group of kids that want to go this morning.  (My 3, plus the two Fair boys, plus the Goodwin girls)  We are hoping the baptism wait won’t be too long, as the boys have a YM stake basketball game scheduled for 11:00.  I’m going to have the boys bring their B-Ball clothes, just in case we are cutting it too close and they need to go straight to the game.  (I figure they can change in the bathroom if need be)  So B-ball game from 11 - 12.  Then home for lunch and Saturday jobs.  Then at 3 I am going with Sister Goodwin over to my brother Mike’s house to practice for a song he is singing in church tomorrow.  Kristin is for sure playing the flute with him, and I might be as well.  There ARE two parts, but really ONE person can do it without losing too much, and she is WAY better.  (not because I cannot do it - but because I am so out of practice.   I ran through it and can play it…  but it doesn’t sound as beautiful as it will if she plays it.  My tone is just not as good, and my high notes are sometimes hit or miss…  I’ll take my flute and will play, but I think it is likely we will decide that those few extra parts are not necessary, nor do they add enough to warrant my playing :)  (which I am totally good with!) 

I spent about 2 hours last night planning out scout stuff - signing boys up for merit badge powwows and camp outs, and mapping out the next few months of scouting goals…  It was good that I did, as I signed Caleb up for Citizenship in the World, which has the requirement to attend an “ethnic or cultural” celebration or event of some type, and I found one for tonight.  It is an “Icelandic feast.”  My guess is Caleb will not like the food, but oh well - we will go, we will try it, and it will pass of the requirement.  That is what we have scheduled at 6:30 - 8:30.

So - a busy day ahead, but there should be time to fit in a short nap sometime between 1 - 3.  (just have to make sure I get some laundry done too… or the kids won’t have clean clothes to wear this upcoming week)

No comments: