Sunday, February 3, 2019

2/3/2019


I want to add one more this to my list of benefits that I have seen in doing the MM challenge. 

I sleep better.  I feel like my sleep is more restful and sound.  Hey - I have a fitbit, I should look that up and see if the fitbit agrees with me…  Ok, apparently my fitbit hasn’t synced for the past week…  I wonder why.  I’ll have to have tim look at it again.  Looking back before that, it certainly appears that I have been much more consistent in how much sleep I’ve had…  if only I could get myself to bed a little earlier each night.

Anyway.  Yesterday was a good day.  Busy, but good.  Pancake breakfast went well. At least, it went well after we remembered to say a prayer.  We got to the school at 6 and set up - (the centerpieces were great!  I got a lot of positive feedback regarding them)  the event was held at Wasatch Elementary school, which is an older school - and is on the list of schools that the school board is trying a bond passed so they can build a new school.  After my experience, I can understand why…  we were in the cafeteria and were plugging in griddles to cook the food.   The breaker kept flipping and we kept losing all power.  The sweet custodian was running back and forth, flipping breakers, bringing us surge protector power cords, etc…  we ended up running extension cords into various places to try to spread out the draw of power, but NOTHING was working.  Finally, we remember to stop and pray.  Immediately, the problem stopped and we didn’t have any other problems with the power for the rest of the morning.   It was pretty amazing.  And YES - after we were all cleaned up, we gathered the boys and had a prayer of gratitude… 

Other events from yesterday - went to the YM basketball game at noon and cheered for the boys.  (they lost, but they had good attitudes)  Bryan spent a few hours with Annalyce and Spencer, getting their board ready for the district science fair on Tuesday.  I spent some time getting the music ready for stake choir rehearsal tonight.  (It’s not perfect, i can see a few things I could have done differently that might have been a little better - but I think it is good enough. 

Our friends, the Goodwins hosted a “year of the Pig” (Chinese new years) pot luck dinner.  Everyone was supposed to bring some kind of Asian dish to share.  I tried making cream cheese wontons (rangoons) with mixed results.  The GOOD part was that I love rangoons and they more or less tasted good.  The BAD part was trying to fry them  I don’t know if I just didn’t seal them right or what? But you are supposed ot cook them on both sides, but as soon as they had been in the oil for a minute or so, the cream cheese mixture was pur liquid and if you flipped them (or when they flipped themselves which was common) the cream cheese would all run out.  Suffice it to say, several of them turned out pretty HOLLOW - with just a hint of cream cheese flavor that USED to be in there.  I really like them though, so I think I’ll do a little more research and try again

This morning pretty was hard to get up.  (even though it is Sunday and I get a whole 50 minutes extra of sleep  :)  But I did finally get up,  (at about 6:10) and I declare that it’s going to be a great day.  (although looking at the time right now, I think this morning is going to be a bit rushed - as we have to be at church in 40 minutes and as of right now - I haven’t seen or heard movement from ANYONE (except Tim, He left 20 minutes ago for bishopric meetings)  i guess I’d better wake people up then jump in the shower.