Friday, February 27, 2009

that's just WRONG...

can someone please explain this to me?

Last night, I actually got to SLEEP. ALL NIGHT! I fell asleep around 11pm and slept until Aaron woke me up just before 7. That's like 8 hours. I should be bounding with energy... so why is it that I can hardly keep my eyes open? That is so totally messed up. (I think it's because when my body actually gets sleep, it thinks "oh man, this is great. gimme more gimme more gimme more!!!")

Go figure.

Other good news - I FINALLY got my kitchen clean yesterday. This week has been just really crazy, and the housework has suffered. It took about 3 hours, but I DID get it done.

Today I need to catch up on laundry and pick up the rest of the house. I usually do the Flylady "a load a day keeps Mt. Washmore away" thing, and it works pretty well at keeping the laundry monster at bay, but again, I've let it slip a bit so today I get to play catch up...

I suppose I'd best get off the computer and get back to work. Ya'll have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

I have found, too that when I have a lack of sleep, even just one night, it takes me a week to feel normal again...for example, staying up til 1-2am on New Year's Eve, even if I sleep in the next day, it seems to take me a week to recover.
It makes me feel better to know I am not the only one who takes 3 hours to clean my kitchen. Who has 3 hours they WANT to spend on cleaning the kitchen...tha's why mine is NOT clean:oP

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

you know, I've had that happen. I don't know what it is. I'm guessing that your body is just not used to it.

Just enjoy it and hope it happens again! lol

Love you!