Friday, February 6, 2009

maybe today??

Well, I didn't hit my perfect 10 day yesterday, in fact, I only got to 6. Oh well, it was a pretty good day anyway. Maybe I'll get closer today. (I can't hit the 10 mark today since I didn't get up on time, but I'm aiming for higher than a 6...)

I know most of you aren't really that concerned about how well I score on my daily goals, but it is important to me...so you get to hear about it.

On a far more serious note - is this economic situation scary or what? We got a call last night from a family Tim home teaches. In a strange and horrible coincidence, the father lost his job on Wed, and then the mother was laid off the very next day! How awful! I cannot even imagine. They have 3 little girls.
Then when we went walking I found out that another neighbor friend of mine (who is going to start walking with us twice a week) is facing a similar situation. Apparently her husband was laid off (the whole company went under) right before Christmas. They have money and food storage to last through about March... At first he was getting lots of interviews, but now NOTHING. He applied for one job recently and the hiring guy there told him that they had over 100 applicants for the single position.
Unfortunately I fear that things are gong to get much worse before they get better. I am just amazed at how many people I know personally who are being hit really hard right now. While we were walking last night, Holly said that the scripture about "wasting the days of your probation" kept coming to mind. I know I have not prepared as much as I shoulda woulda coulda, but I hope it will be sufficient.

I also hope I have enough faith to share what I have with those who have not.

4 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

That is so scary! How terrible. I feel very blessed that Bryan owns his own business and that we have built a clientele. People will always need plumbers, thank heavens.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

That is so scary! How terrible. I feel very blessed that Bryan owns his own business and that we have built a clientele. People will always need plumbers, thank heavens.

ali cross said...

So how have you been doing at the challenges?

How terrible for your home teaching family. Wow. Things are getting pretty tough for a lot of people right now.

Lots of reason to pray these days, isn't there?

Shellie said...

Oh, I know, I think it will get a lot worse. I am grossly unprepared, but I figure, no pain, no gain as a country. We have to change how we do a lot of things. I'll keep those people in my prayers.