Thursday, February 5, 2009

GO ME!!! (and Holly too)

Remember how I said that Holly and I were walking, and that we would probably be bumping things up soon? Well, we did. For the past couple walks, we went 3 miles total distance and ran 4 of the laps. (more like a trot/jog) We average 15 minute miles (3 minute walking laps, 2 minute jogging laps)

THEN - last night we took along another neighbor who recently had knee surgery and wants to start walking regularly (slowly) to regain more motion. We didn't want her to spend the whole time alone - on her first night, so we tried something new (and challenging). While one of us walked at the slower pace with Veronica, the other jogged around the track until she caught back up with the walkers. It took about 2 jogging laps to catch up with the walkers.

SO - be impressed - we aren't exactly certain the total distance we went since it threw off our counting, but Holly and I each ran 6 laps total, and we did them in sets of two. This may not sound like much to you - but I am SUPER pleased with myself! I thought I was still at least a month away from being able to run back to back laps.

Will we do it again tonight? Don't know. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm still feeling the "GO ME rush," so I think I'm going to get focused and try to have a perfect 10 day. (referring to my "joe's goals" chart there on the the side.) Wish me luck... here I GO!

No comments: