Monday, February 16, 2009

HOPE!!!

Everyone once in a while something happens that gives me hope that Tim and I are doing an okay job in this whole parenting thing. Tonight at Family Home Evening I had one of those moments. As you who have read my blog for a while know - FHE isn't usually a real spiritual feast at our house. It is more of a "sit down," "please keep your hands and feet to yourself," "Listen to the lesson," You can't have a FHE treat if you are not reverent," - kind of adventure on the parental end; and a "are we done yet?" "this is boring," I already know all this," "She put her foot on me me," "he did it first," - is the kids version.

So tonight, after a humorous pre-FHE, where Aaron and Katrina both had to put on their "reverent pajamas, and Aaron got ready with the timer, so he could "time how long I am reverent." We started. It was quite amazing. Aaron and Katrina were really focused and fully participating, with really insightful and good answers, and Bryan had his best FHE ever. (He still kinda started to lose focus at the end, but he still gets major KUDOS for doing as well as he did.)

At one point in the lesson, Aaron got emotional again and said, "mom, I'm feeling the spirit again." That's twice now - he's feeling pretty good about that. it's pretty cute. He said our family prayer tonight and he said, "please bless that Trina and Bryan will someday be able to feel the spirit like me."

There's hope! Maybe I haven't totally ruined him yet!

No comments: