Sunday, March 1, 2009

He's growing up...

Aaron bore his testimony in sacrament meeting for the first time today. He was SO terrified! I was proud of him for having the courage to do it even though he was so scared. He came up with the idea on his own a couple weeks ago, and I was curious to see if he'd follow through with it - and he did! Our ward is pretty straightforward about telling people that testimony meeting is for baptized members of the church to share testimony of Jesus Christ and other principles of the gospel; and that little children (especially those who need prompts) should share their testimonies in primary and at home.

I guess my little man is growing up. I'll be interested to see if he expresses a desire to do it again soon, or if it was scary enough that he'll shy away from it for a while.

GREAT JOB Aaron! We love you and are so proud of you and love to watch as your testimony grows.

2 comments:

ali cross said...

Aww, that's so cool! I treasure those first testimony days. Glad Aaron's went off without a hitch! Yay for him!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

That is so great. My 13 year old said if I did it, he would. What mother of a teenager could pass that up.

He told me he'd never make that deal again because he had to go up. lol