Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Valentine - and so much more!

I have a friend who totally freaks out if her husband doesn't make a HUGE deal about their anniversary, valentines day, and her birthday. I always think it's kind of silly, and she thinks I'm weird because it just isn't a big deal to me. She nags and badgers continually, and by George, he has learned to get the gifts and make it a major production - to keep the peace. I mean really - what good is it to "train your man" (feminist speak - not me) to give you gifts on "special days," when it isn't coming from their heart, and they couldn't care less about showing you love and appreciation the rest of the days of the year? I have long held the view that I would MUCH rather have a husband that is kind, helpful, and thoughtful all year long.

Now let me tell you about my sweet husband. He got off work a little early today, and he had to stop at Costco for gas so he called and volunteered to pick up anything I needed. How thoughtful is that? I gave him a list, including a rotisserie chicken so I didn't have to come up with dinner. He did the shopping for me, and when he got home - he had also picked up a bunch of some BEE-U-TI-FUL flowers.

It's not my birthday, no special occasion, no "romantic holiday," Just sweet loving man! Am I a lucky girl or what? I'll take surprise flowers, help with the kids and dishes, and voluntary grocery shopping over the "required gift giving" any day of the week!

Thanks Tim - I love you!

(I would take a picture of the flowers and post it, but I'm too tired and I want to go snuggle with my honey and get some sleep! Maybe I'll do it tomorrow...)

1 comment:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

This is really sweet. I bet he also gets you a gift or something nice for Valentines or other special days though. You see, some guys come wired with thoughtfulness,like your man.

Others do not. And rather than having to face reality, many women would rather train their husbands to be thoughtful at least some of the time. Personally, I think it's good for men like that to be nice even if it's just on holidays.

Lucky for us, we have the other kind who care every day. =)