Saturday, March 21, 2009

First day of Spring...

Yesterday was the first day of Spring, and it was simply BEAUTIFUL. Aaron had a 1/2 day at school, so I picked him up (along with the 2 other boys we carpool with, stopped and picked up a couple pizzas, and we went to the park. For 2 hours they ran and played. It was great. Here are a few pictures from our little impromptu party...

Today we worked SO hard! Tim got a load of compost for the garden, he and the kids hauled it up to the back yard, while I cleaned up the garden spots and mixed it all in. (man, it's times like today that I wish I had a tiller!) We planted our peas, spinach, and lettuce. I am just beat, and I still need to make some bread (it's currently rising) clean up the MESSY kitchen, and fold 2 more loads of laundry. I'm not sure I'm going to make it until bed time. I suppose I also need to hurry and throw the kids in the tub since it is "church day" tomorrow. better get movin'...

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Looks like a fun day at the park. Caleb is getting so big!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

Glad you've been out enjoying the nice weather! (Cute pancakes below!)