Tuesday, March 24, 2009

SO TOTALLY COOL!!!

Last night Tim and I were watching tv/reading when we heard what sounded like a cat fight. (Actually, it sounded more like the sound cats make before they start the fight - but not exactly.) Anyway, Tim got up to let the cat in, and soon called me to come see what the problem was. There up on our hill was a FOX!!! I've never seen one in the wild like that. It was so cool! (no wonder the cat was nervous) The fox sat and looked at us for a few minutes,


then ran down the hill, jumped down the wall into my garden,

and disappeared out of sight between our house and the neighbor's house. I ran to look out the front window, and saw the fox sniffing around in the neighbor's front flower bed, then it ran back up the hill between the houses and I didn't see it again. I got to see the big cool fluffy tail...


(just in case you're still not sure how I felt about it...)
IT WAS SO SO COOL~


Oh yeah, it made the funniest little mixed up barking-yipping-howling kind of sound. I don't suppose I've ever really thought about what kind of sound a fox makes - but it wasn't what I expected. (obviously, these are not pictures we took - since it was 10:00 at night and too dark to get good pics. (not that we weren't going to try, but it moved before we got the camera ready)

4 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

How cool! I LOVE stuff like that!

Sandra said...

That is really cool. I love foxes, but I hear that they are mean. Even so, they are darn cute!

Kristi said...

That is so awesome! It is so fun when the Discovery channel ends up being in your back yard.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I'm ready for a new post, girl! Love you!