Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Playin' catch up

H1 all - Not a lot of time today, but just wanted to check in and let ya know what's been happening.
Saturday was our annual neighborhood yard sale. (The HOA pays to advertise and puts up signs, and anyone who wants to participate puts their stuff out in their yard.) When it is all over, my husband (the neighborhood "owns a truck" guy) drives around and picks up anything that people want hauled off and he takes it all to DI. He usually ends up taking 3 or 4 loads each year. We personally had our best year ever - making about $100, and Aaron and Katrina made an additional $20 selling stuffed animals, donuts, juice, and cookies. (This was their profit, after I took out the cost of donuts and cookies)
I enjoyed the fact that we actually made a little money this year, and I am even more thrilled that we got rid of some of the "stuff" cluttering up our home and garage. Getting up early, being out in the sun all day, hauling stuff in and out, dealing with dickering buyers etc... then collecting truck loads of stuff to take to DI - it all makes for a really long day. I was totally worn out by the time we were all done.
Then I came back in to the disaster of a house that 1) I hadn't worked in at all but the kids had full run... and 2) the extra added mess of newly acquired "treasures" that needed homes, and yard sale leftovers that got hauled back inside instead of to DI (I'll be donating them to the upcoming school fund raiser yard sale next month) As I'm sure you can guess, I didn't finish getting the house even close to back in order before giving up and going to bed Sat night.

Sunday we drove out to Tooele to hear our nephew Robert speak in sacrament meeting before he leaves to serve a mission. (This photo, taken at Caleb's blessing, is of Tim (holding Caleb), Tim's older brother Brent, and Brent's son, the missionary in question, Robert. Robert had been ordained an Elder so he was able to participate in Caleb's blessing) Robert goes into the MTC this week, and then on to Germany.) It was another long (but fun) day, and I was feeling really run down. I figured I'd concentrate on getting a good night's sleep Sunday night, then get up early and get the house back in order...

Welcome MONDAY. I woke up early to go on my morning walk. I sat up on the edge of the bed and found the entire room spinning. I went back to sleep for another hour. Tried again to get up, couldn't. I was SO dizzy. the entire room kept spinning. I got motion sick just sitting there. I was so miserable, I was ready to call someone to drive me to a Dr. I started to feel less dizzy and nauseous by noon, so I never did go to the Dr. I still felt pretty wiped out all day, but no more serious episodes of vertigo, so I'm going to chalk it up to dehydration/over exertion over the weekend. I've started taking my Iron Supplements again in case the anemia is creeping back in, and I have been guzzling the water....

I got up this morning and while I still feel tired, I am feeling much better than yesterday and I was able to make some really good progress on the house. Still have a ways to go, but there is once again light at the end of the tunnel!

As I said, nothing really exciting or blog worthy, but since one of my main purposes of this blog is as a journal, I wanted to at least document what's been going on.

No comments: