Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Book Tag

Jennica posted this book tag this morning and I decided to do it. (A few other people have done it recently, but I wasn't in the mood to do it; today I was. Inspiration maybe???)

Here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages)
2. Turn to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog
5. Tag 5 people

* The nearest book was The Book of Mormon - Another Testament of Jesus Christ. (I carried it in here yesterday when I was updating my reading for the Hinckley challenge)

* page 123 brings me to Jacob 3

*it was a challenge counting sentences, since in most cases the sentence was very long and was the whole verse..., but according to my counting - My sentence is verse 11

"O my brethren, hearken unto my words; aarouse the faculties of your souls; shake yourselves that ye may bawake from the slumber of death; and loose yourselves from the pains of chell that ye may not become dangels to the devil, to be cast into that lake of fire and brimstone which is the second edeath.

This was a good thing for me to hear, as I seem to need constant reminding to awake and arise - I am far too complacent, content, and prone to say "all is well." On Charlotte's blog I recently read the quote, "The key to success in the gospel is to make small adjustments often" --Lee Cantwell (one of her religion teachers)
I need to focus on making small changes often, and sticking with them, (until they stick to me), instead of jumping in with a big ole' honkin' list of things to do, and then fizzling out after a week...


(Jennica's blog is a private one, so you can't go read it yourselves, but her quotes were really good, and I wanted to share them here as well, since I know that many of you, my blogging friends, deal with just a tad bit of stress every now and then:) So I hope Jennica won't mind, here are her words:

"Ok so I picked up two books that I am reading right now... The first one is "simplify" by Carolyn J. Rasmus. Here is the fifth sentence on page 123: "When we feel stressed, troubled, unsure, or discouraged we need to remember the things that we are taught in Primary: We must believe in Christ and all He has promised to do for us. " What a great thought!

Here is the second book that I am sort of reading (or just starting)... "Mary, Martha, and Me" by Camille Fronk Olson. ...
Here is the fifth sentence on page 123: "His grace is sufficient. Sufficient means enough."

Beautiful thoughts eh??? Thanks Jennica. If anyone who read this wants to do the book tag, feel free... I am awake and aroused, so I am going to go get to work. Y'all have a great day!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

From time to time I wonder if anyone reads those quotes on my sidebar. I have to admit that I usually only skim the sidebars of the blogs I read.

Anyway, I love that quote. I had forgotten all about it until a few months ago when I was going throught some old notes for something.

And, I think you are VERY good at consistently trying to improve yourself.

ali cross said...

those are great quotes Jeri!

And I LOVE your slideshow. What a beautiful family!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I love this idea! I am going to do it too. A I sit here looking around my room, I am guessing my B of M is the closest at the moment but since you already did that one, I pick the next closest!

Shellie said...

That's cool, those quotes are great, also as per the previous post, I'm also interested in your new system, it will be interesting to see how similar it is to my system or lack thereof. The blogging babes was fun and I LOVED your dessert!!! Fun to see we have the same taste, in scents and in children. :)