Monday, April 7, 2008

No hope for me... (out of the mouths of babes)

I have been vocally telling my children that I want to be a good mother and that I really am trying my best. They have heard me ask many times for help to be "more patient," a "better mother," or a "good mom" in our family prayers.

Yesterday during General Conference, Elder ? (I forget who it was, but I think maybe Elder Nelson???) said something like "there is no one way to be a good mother." (Meaning, of course, that there is no ONE, as in single, guaranteed way that will always produce the positive desired result.)

Trina's head jerked up suddenly and looked at me, with true pity and sadness showing on her face.

"I'm sorry mom, he said there no way you can be a good mother."

I had to smile at that one!

3 comments:

Shellie said...

How cute!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Bwahahahaha!

I loved that quote though. And I loved the press conference with the YW's presidency and that they are going to focus on the meaning of individuality within the church and identity. That is so needed right now. There really is no *one* way to do it right.

Harmony said...

LOL! What a cute story--one to remember and bring out again in future years. :-)