Monday, April 14, 2008

Sunday Gratitude Post

Maybe I should change it to my "Monday" gratitude post. I just usually don't get on the computer on Sundays...

* I am thankful for beautiful spring short sleeve weather

* I love going on family walks

* I love the smell (and feel) of freshly turned dirt in the spring

* I love all the tulips and daffodils that are currently in bloom. (Tulips are just starting to come into bloom in our neighborhood, those that are in sheltered areas up against houses)

* I am thankful for good health and a strong body that allows me to do things I want to do (like this morning I went walking and spent 30 minutes working on the rock wall I'm building to create the next terrace in my back yard

* I love the feeling I have on days when I know I've earned a good night's sleep after a day of good hard work (I especially love it if I actually GET the good nights sleep that I've earned, but that's another story ...)

* I love observing a baby's amazingly quick development (Caleb is getting to the point where he is trying to roll over. He can't do it yet, but it isn't far off)

*I am thankful that by tonight, ready or not, we will be DONE with our taxes! Tim has got everything entered in and now it's my turn to do my job - I'm the official "reviewer." (Can I just tell you - I could NEVER EVER EVER be a tax preparer. I just couldn't do it - it makes me crazy!!!)

*I am thankful for my new "system" to motivate me to work hard and get lots done. (I will talk about in a separate post)

* I am thankful for the slightly sore feeling in my legs (and bum) that tells me that I went walking this morning

I think that's good for today. Aaron has the week off for Spring break, so I don't know if I'll have time to get back to blogging today but I'll try to pop back in and post about my new "motivation" thing. I started it last week, and I had the most productive week that I've had in a long time. If I don't get to it today, I'll try to do it tomorrow.

PS - Melissa (formerly Sheets) - Glad you found my blog, it's great to hear from you. I wasn't sure if you'd check back in the comment trails, so I thought I'd say hi to you here.

2 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Love you post. I feel the same way about so many things! I am so sorry I haven't commented for so long.

I thought your slide show was a post and I come by to check for new posts often and I see that slide show thinking you haven't posted anything new!

Today, I was going to comment on it and tell you it was time for a new post and couldn't find your comments for it!!!!!!lol

Anyway, as slow as I am, I figured it out! Sorry!

I worked on my garden on Sat. Roto tilled it and now my shoulders are killing me! I am putting chicken wire up around it so my stupid dogs don't it this year!

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

Hey, I'm glad you responded in your post, because I didn't check back in the comments. you should e-mail me...
tmjsunday@juno.com
have you looked into the school reunion site, yet? There aren't very many people on it yet, so we need to spread the word. Marnie Zabriskie is the monitor. I have had fun checking out the class of 88, too, because their reunion is this year and there are a lot more people on their site. Carrie Kessler, Trent Swain, Joanna Briggs, etc. Anyway, fun memories!
Melissa