Sunday, April 27, 2008

Anniversary gratitude...

10 years ago today, Tim and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple. Right now I am totally exhausted and really just want to collapse in my bed, but I really wanted to take just a few minutes to list some things that I am grateful for when it comes to the last 10 years of my life...


* I am thankful for a husband who is always kind to others. He is one who just doesn't seem to see negative in other people. Whenever I say something negative about someone or something, he is quick to find the positive.

* I am thankful for a husband who is kind and patient with all of my shortcomings - who is willing to help me work on them when I am ready to face them, but who will overlook and or compensate for them until I am ready to tackle them.

* I am thankful that I was married in the temple for "Time and Eternity" - not just "til death do you part." (I figure it is going to take me all of this life and some of the next to become the queen that my sweet husband deserves to be married to)

* I am thankful for our 4 wonderful children, who are also our for Eternity.

* I am thankful for a husband who is a hard worker and who takes his responsibilty to provide for our family very seriously.

* I am thankful for a husband who is constantly setting goals to improve and move forward. He is great example to me of steadfast progression.

* I am thankful that Tim is such a great father. (Even now, he is downstairs getting Caleb to sleep so that I can post this. He doesn't actually know that's what I'm doing; I said I was going to brush my teeth then come down... I just got a little sidetracked...)

*I am thankful for a husband who just smiles (and maybe slightly rolls his eyes) at me when I get sidetracked.

* I am thankful that Tim is health conscious and encourages me to be the same. (A funny side note - when Tim asked my dad for my hand in marriage, my dad's biggest "concern" about our marriage - enough of a concern that he actually sat us down to talk about it with us - was that Tim liked to eat lots of vegetables and I hated to eat veggies. I'm happy to report that it hasn't been a marriage conflict, and I have learned to eat (and even to like) many veggies that I used to HATE!)

* I am thankful that Tim is a great combination of a DREAMER and a DOER. I think it wonderful to dream big and make lots of great grand plans, but then you have to DO something about them. Tim loves to dream big, and then he comes up with a plan to achieve the dream, then he goes to work - adapting as needed. It is a PERFECT balance!

Well - I could keep on going, but if I counted right, I listed 10 things, and it's been 10 years, so I'll call it good. Just know that I am married to a wonderful man! He is the perfect husband for me.
And now, if I don't get to sleep ASAP - I will fall asleep right here and now!


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TIM! Thank you for 10 wonderful years! I LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Harmony said...

What a great tribute to your husband. Congratulations on ten years together!

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you are a very lucky woman. I hope you always see the wonderful attributes and have a long and happy eternity together!

Cheri said...

I guess it really has been that long hasn't it. It seems like just yesterday we were together in the Roosevelt Singles ward and scoping out the men. "Excuse me...I'm in the mood for holding the Priesthood....are you available?"
Congrats on a great 10 years.

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

Cheri, that is hillarious!!! I havn't heard that one before. Thanks for the laugh!