Monday, April 7, 2008

another Sunday (late) Gratitude post

I love LDS General Conference!

I am so thankful for a living prophet and apostles who speak directly to ME and my needs, every 6 months

I am thankful for the personal confirmation (of the divine calling of our living prophet) that I have been blessed with during every solemn assembly that I have attended or witnessed

I am thankful for the (much needed) gentle reminders to do a little better in my life

I am thankful for the reminder to find joy in my life as a mother. to enjoy the "moments"

I AM thankful for my children (even thought they make it a lot more difficult to get the full value out of conference, I love them very much and I am proud of them for trying their best to listen and be reverent for 8 whole hours!)

I am SO THANKFUL for a wonderful husband who has seen me floundering recently in my duties as a homemaker, so he spent several hours last night cleaning up the kitchen and working on the storage room project so that I could start my week without feeling "behind"

I am thankful that Tim is almost done preparing our taxes, and that as of right now, we don't owe any money to the government, in fact, we should be getting a refund. (by the way, does anyone know the rules about deducting medial expenses? Do you claim them based on when you PAID them? or based of the DATE OF SERVICE? If we claim them based on date of service, we meet the minimum required, if we have to go by the date we got the bill and paid it, we will just miss the amount...I supposed that's one of the joys of having a December baby, Eh?)

I am thankful for BIG FLUFFY BEAUTIFUL snowflakes. (I really love Spring and I'm ready for winter to go on its way, but if it HAS to snow, it might as well be beautiful while it does it.)

I am thankful for strawberries that go on sale. (The Reams on Center Street has strawberries for .99/lb. The sale ends today, but I went down this morning and bought 14 lbs - which I will slice up and then dry today. My family LOVES strawberries in their cereal and to snack on. At this price, I couldn't pass it up. I may try one batch of jam too. We'll see.)

I am thankful for Central heating. We've had the thermostat turned off for the past while, but I turned it back on today because I was CHILLY! It's so nice to be able to just flip the switch and voila' - HEAT!!!

Have a THANKFUL week!

3 comments:

Harmony said...

"You can only include the medical expenses you paid during the year, regardless of when the services were provided."

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc502.html

Don't forget dental expenses can be included too. And remember you can calculate 20 cents per mile for every single one of those doctor, dentist, and hospital trips--that might put you over!

Shellie said...

Plus, if you had to travel or stay with someone in the hospital the food you bought there too counts I think.

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

Hi, Jeri! I got your blog site from Cheri's blog site, and I must say I really enjoy reading what you have to say, because you sound JUST LIKE ME! I can totally relate to what you say (even the comments about your husband, since mine is named Tim, too LOL). Anyway, I really liked what you said about conference. I really loved it. I think it was Elder Ballard's talk about motherhood and how we need to take do things in their own season (I don't know if he was the one you were refering to, but I sure liked his talk). I can't wait to read his talk again since, as you were saying, with kids it's hard to get the full value out of the messages. Anyway, I was surprised to see myself in so much of what you had to say. Thank you for helping me know I am not alone in my thinking.
It's been a long time. I am glad to see things are well for you.
Take care! Oh, and you should google our AF Class of 89 web page and register to find out about the upcoming reunion. Spread the word about it. I would like to see as many people there as possible!
Chat with you later!
Melissa (Sheets) Sonntag