Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Good Morning!

Good morning all -

I went in for my 1st IV iron treatment yesterday, and although I hated the needle (I am incredibly needle phobic) and it did hurt a bit, I think it is a good thing. After the treatment I thought I felt a little better, but after doing the making dinner, homework, and bedtime scenes; I was pretty worn out - so I chalked up the "feeling better" to having 1 1/2 hours of quiet time, with no children.

However, when I woke up this morning I felt pretty rested, instead of dead on my feet. (Which is pretty amazing since I still had to get up 3 times during the night to use the bathroom) I could also climb the stairs without getting totally out of breath. THAT was a good sign.

SO - As of this morning, and I'm a whole 2 hours into it - I'm feeling a little less run down, and I've already folded the two loads of laundry from yesterday. I go back in for another treatment tomorrow and I'm hoping the good feeling is for real, and not just a fluke... I just made my list of things I'd like to get done today, and my game plan is to try to be productive, while not completely overdoing it - Ya know what I mean? Anyway - I'd better sign off here and get working on my list.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're still doing well, Jeri. Sounds like the iron will help a lot. This time of year is particularly stressful. Our first child was born January 7th and I still remember how tired I was that Christmas.

Thought you might like to know about a Christmas contest on my blog. I'm giving away a brand new compact DVD player--even shipping is free. Hop on over and check it out.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Great post Jeri. I am feeling for you! I hope it gets better and that that baby pops out soon!

I have to admit, I prefer getting my babies with out having to be pregnant! lol

I'm thinking of you even though I don't write much.

Keep up the good work darlin!

Harmony said...

Ahhh, another list person. I really don't understand how anyone functions without them!