Saturday, November 3, 2007

Hooray! a productive day!!!

Yesterday afternoon I finally decided Bryan wasn't getting much better and I wasn't prepared to head into the weekend without finding out if there was something the doctor could do for him. We got an appt. and found that he had a red throat - didn't bother testing for strep since both ears were red and inflamed, and the antibiotic prescribed for the ears would also clear up the throat if it did happen to be bacterial.

To make a long story shorter - after his evening and morning doses of antibiotics, I haven't had to hold Bryan all day and it has been GREAT!

Right now the kitchen is clean (clean enough at any rate), master bedroom floor is clean and vacuumed, both kids room's have been cleaned and vacuumed (no, I can't say "clean", because Aaron has friends over and they are all playing something in his room, and I haven't had the courage to go see the damage...), the hall has been picked (shoveled) up and vacuumed, stairs vacuumed, front room picked up and vacuumed, downstairs hall and laundry room picked up and swept, dryer cleaned out (meaning the scrubbing out of the melted on crayon that I discovered when I took the last load out of said dryer), and the load of laundry that is now spotted with red crayon has been pre-treated, soaked, and is in the washer now - hopefully getting rid of all the little crayon 'chicken pox.'
Let's see - anything else? packed up all the Halloween costumes and decor and Tim hauled them back downstairs for me... Oh, and I spent some time finishing up stuff I needed to do for the upcoming primary program. That reminds me - I need to run over the final copy to the primary president's house... I also need to decide what's for dinner and get that started... and I need to make a run to the grocery store to pick up mild since we are getting low and tomorrow is Sunday... Oh and I really need to clean/vacuum out the van - I fear there may be some science experiments alive and well in there...

That's about it. I'm feeling pretty good about it all - even knowing that 1) it should never have gotten as bad as it was, but the fact is that I've done basically nothing all week except hold a sick little bubba, so I got pretty behind on everything... 2) if left unchecked, all the hard work will be undone within a matter of hours, and I'll be looking at doing it all again (well, hopefully minus the 'crayon in the dryer' fiasco) on Monday... and 3) in a non-pregnant, non-anemic state I could have gotten all this and more done in a whole lot less time - but hey. I am CELEBRATING!!! GO ME!!!!

I have to throw in - GO COUGARS!!! They kicked some Colorado butt today! Final score was 35 - 16 (I was listening to the game while working.) Every once in a while I worry that the football team isn't really as good as they appear to be - more that the other teams in the conference are just pretty bad; but I don't worry for long. I think they are a really good team! I also look at how young some of our fantastic players are and I'm feeling pretty confident that BYU has some really great years ahead of them...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on Bryan getting better, getting your house work done (I envy you there,) and oh yeah, Go Cougars! My Sete even saved the ball after a fumble, I was so proud of him!