Friday, November 9, 2007

hola'


Yesterday was a rather roller-coastery type day. (as far as productivity went, not emotionally)

I had a rough time getting going in the morning. (I blame this one on my husband) Tim saw a house for sale that I think I would love to live in. It is smaller than our house now, so maybe I'm crazy, but it is a log home, up the canyon, in a gated community, on almost 2 acre (1.8) of land. (some flat, some on the the mountain side) I have always wanted a mountain cabin retreat - and this is close enough we could just live in it year round. (no, the picture is NOT of the house in question, just one I found online) Tim sent in a low-ball offer, then he went of to work. After he left, I started my usual "jumping in head first" mentality and started trying to figure out how everything would work. The home is 15 minutes out of town, so my first decision was what to do in regard to Aaron's schooling. I went back and forth between homeschooling and switching to the Charter School that is in that town. The Charter school is great. I'm certain I would be absolutely satisfied with the school should we get in. I'm just a bit leery of the 30 minutes (more in snowy winter conditions) commuting time it would take me to pick him up everyday. (I figure Tim could drop him off on the way to work.)

When Tim got home and I told him that I had such a hard time getting started because I was plotting the ins and outs of this move - he just laughed at me. "You DO know that the chances of us getting this house are SLIM to NONE..." Yea, I know that, but I still have this need to be semi-mentally prepared, just in case. And after thinking about it all morning yesterday, I really think I'd like it. I know I'd love the mountain surroundings, the land for my kids to run and play, and the "out of the city" lifestyle. I'd have to be more organized, cause it would be HORRIBLE to have to make a 30 minute + "milk run" to the store.

ANYWAY... I finally got it in gear about 11:00 and I went wild. Got both upstairs bathrooms cleaned, Trina's room cleaned, and my daily load of laundry washed. THEN I got sidetracked when a friend called. This is the friend who just calls to chat...about a whole lot of nothing, until the battery on my phone dies - thus ending the phone call. That put a cramp in my speed cleaning, and she was still talking strong when the boy I babysit on Mondays and Thursdays was dropped off. This little guy, "G," is fine - as long as I hold him the entire time. NOT really conducive to getting work done...

By the time G left, 1 1/2 hours later, I wasn't really fired up to clean anymore. I worked on the kitchen anyway, and got it mostly done. Then I did carpool pick up, and because it is such beautiful weather right now, I took the kids to the park and let them play for an hour. (I'll miss this gorgeous weather... a storm is due to blow in on Sunday, so I'm trying to take full advantage while I can.

Next came dinner, homework, bedtime etc... After we got everyone into bed, I turned on the BYU game and while listening to it, I made a bunch of freezer meals. I'm trying to get ready for the upcoming weeks. I figure I should have meals in the freezer for the couple weeks before and after the baby. Extra lean ground beef was on sale this week so I bought a big chunk of it and last night was my "ground beef meals" assembly night. I assembled and froze BBQ meatballs, meatloaf, tator tot casserole, sloppy joes, and cooked ground beef to use in tacos or taco salad.

I was a nice way to use my football game time - and I was THRILLED with the game. It got close at the end, but amazingly enough, I didn't really get tense. I felt pretty confident that BYU would hold TCU - and they did. I sure hope Gooch (spelling??) isn't hurt too badly.

Today I'm planning to finish the ground beef by making chili and stuffed peppers, plus one of the pork chop recipes - and if I really have the get up and go to sdo it, I'll also do the pasta dishes (spinach lasagna and cheese stuffed manicotti) Then I'll take a break until next week, when I'll start tackling the chicken recipes.

Wow - I've been rambling for quite a while here... I need to get my duff off the computer and get to work!

Later -

2 comments:

Harmony said...

For someone who is eight months pregnant, you have more energy than anyone I've ever met or heard of! It would take me a month to make that many freezer meals! (Which is why I take meals one day at a time.)

Unknown said...

Holy Cow, Jeri! That's a lot of stuff goin' on. Hope you get the house of your dreams. Everyone should have their dreams come true.