Friday, November 2, 2007

I'm still here.

Here it is, almost Saturday again with no posting all week. I actually even had things I wanted to post, but unfortunately, I never found the time (at the same time I had the energy) to do the actual posting. I have just really been struggling just to survive the basics.

I went to my midwife appt. yesterday and they were glad to see that I gained 3 lbs in two weeks. I'm still measuring 4 weeks small, but since the ultrasound said everything was okay, she said she'll not worry about it. I told her about how I'm always feeling out of breath and like I just can't get enough oxygen. Her guess was that I'm still anemic - the iron helps create hemoglobin which carries the oxygen. They did a finger poke and sure enough, still anemic. I'm thinking it must be something to do with an absorption problem, since I'm taking plenty of supplements... Maybe I'll try to do a bit of "research" on the matter today.

Halloween went well. I took a photo of the kids in their costumes and with their pumpkins, but I don't know how to upload them (or it download them???) - in other words, I don't know how to get them from the camera to the computer. SO... one of these days I'll have Tim do it, and I'll post it. Bryan wasn't included in the Halloween festivities because he is still pretty sick. (Not sick enough that I have taken him to the Dr, but sick enough that I just spend the majority of every day holding him. Not very conducive to cleaning or other homemaking duties... In fact, I'm doing the 1 1/2 hand typing thing right now while holding him...

I have decided that I hate politics. I was reading various candidates websites in order to attempt to be an informed voter - instead I just got really depressed about the state of the world we live in. All the fighting, mudslinging, backbiting, dishonesty, selfishness, etc... Who do you believe? SO much of it is he said she said stuff, or they list the way a candidate votes, and it looks terrible, but then you check with the person who looks so bad, and they give their reasons for voting the way they did and it makes sense... you know what I mean?? I think this is one reason I don't have TV (we have a TV that the kids watch movies on, but because we live so close to the mountain, we don't get any regular TV reception, and I won't pay for cable), don't watch the news, don't read the paper, and basically I stay pretty clueless. I do listen to KSL news radio when the alarm goes off in the morning and will often catch the top news stories at the top of the hour, and that is plenty for me. It is enough that I kind of know an overview of what's happening in the world, without it depressing me.:)

I just started posting my opinion on school vouchers here as another paragraph, but it was getting a little too long and a bit too opinionated for this laid back/update on my non-eventful week post, do I just copied it into another post that I'll throw up here in a few minutes.

Well, if I can pry Bryan off my lap, I need to try to get the house sort of picked up before we head into the weekend.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Last summer I had a bit of an epiphany about the whole polics thing. I get frustrated as well about all the deception, "spin", and general confusion of the whole process. It used to just make me completely discouraged, which led to me basically being apathetic about the whole thing.

And then, I was preparing a talk for church (on patriotism and America, and the constitution etc.), as as I was preparing it, I got thinking/reading about Joseph Smith and how he was so confused about the different religions and how one was say "lo here!", and another was saying "lo there!" and how he didn't know who to believe and didn't think he'd ever be able to figure it out.

As I read that, his situation and feelings about religion sounded pretty similar to my own situation and feelings about politics in America.

And so, I read James 1:5-6, just like he did. I noticed that it doesn't say, "If any of ye lack wisdom about which church is correct, let him ask of God . . . and it shall be given him". But that it left it open-ended for anyone who lacked wisdom (or was confused) about anything.

So, since then, I've been asking God for wisdom and help. I still get swayed a bit, and I still have to do SOME (but not an inordinate amount of) honest searching and listening, but I think I'm better able to get closer to the truth, and I DEFINITELY feel more peace and less cynicism (sp?) about the whole thing now.

And that is my extraordinarily long comment to this.

As to vouchers--you make some good points--for sure. If my son was attending an elementary school that saw a drastic increase in gangs and drugs, I'm pretty sure that I'd do anything and everything in my power to get him out of there immediately.

-char