Sunday, November 18, 2007

Just point me to my pillow...

I am SO tired! (no, it's not really even that late - but I am completely exhausted!) I totally want to be in bed sleeping right now, but I just took my iron pill, so I'm not supposed to lie down for 30 minutes. Why exactly is that - I would like to know; but just in case it's because the iron is so powerful it will eat a hole right through my esophagus, I'll stay up for 26 more minutes.

Playing the flute with the choir in church today went OK. Not so fabulous that I am concerned that people will be beating down my door to have me play again real soon, but not so horrible that I think everyone is wondering what in world I was doing with a flute in my hands to begin with.

I got a nice surprise last night, which carried over into a blessing for today. My visiting teacher is going to her brother's for Thanksgiving, but she wanted to have her own little dinner (since she doesn't particularly care for he sister in law's cooking), so she and her husband had their big ole feast on Saturday. She made extra on purpose and brought it to me so that I wouldn't have to make dinner today. Can I just tell you how delightful it was throughout the day to be able to think, 'I don't have to make dinner tonight!" Hooray! And clean up was as easy as re-zipping a plethora of Ziploc baggies. It wasn't "needed," but it sure was kind, sweet, thoughtful, nice, and very much appreciated!

Let's see, how many more minutes to go...about 18. I could fold the laundry that is waiting in the dryer (since yesterday), but since I really don't want to, I think I'll plead the 4th. (commandment that is) (of course, some might say I shouldn't be blogging on the Sabbath either, and in general, I don't... but... )

Well, I'm not thinking of much else to say - apparently my remaining brain cells have gone to bed - with or without the rest of me.

until next time -

PS - only 6 more minutes to go! just enough time to shut down the computer, brush my teeth, go to the bathroom AGAIN (only about every 20 - 30 minutes these days)and head off to bed!

1 comment:

musicmom said...

We are praying for you. I hope your iron count will even out. Have a great week. Glad your flute number went well.

Laura