Monday, December 3, 2007

where does the time go?

I can't believe it is a new week already. Where did last week go??? I wish I could say that I've been gone having a baby, but unfortunately, that would be a wishful thinking LIE!

I had my midwife appointment today. We're hanging in there. She did check my status and I'm dilated to between a 1 & 1 1/2, which means that I wasn't imagining what I thought might be mild-ish contractions over the weekend - at least my body is gearing up to get this baby here. (With my others I've always been at a big fat ZERO the appointment before they were born.
I may need to readjust my mental due date as well. My initial due date was Dec 14, based on LMC - but I happily changed my mindset to accept the ultrasound due date which moved it up a few days to the 10th. My midwife today informed me that they never changed it on their charting, since it was within a certain number of days... BUMMER. I know it may not seem like much to those of you who have never been pregnant before - but that extra four days (or five, depend on how you count) looks/feels like an eternity from where I'm sitting!

Anyway - Let me move on to a new subject - Christmas preparations: I WAS done with my Christmas shopping about a week or so ago, until my mother (who hates to shop even more than I do) decided to put me in charge of doing her shopping for her. (I do most of my shopping online, and my mom is a bit computer phobic, so she figured I could do her shopping while I did my own. I didn't bother to tell her I was already done, I figured it's the least I can do - she is my mom after all, and she's been so good to drive over here multiple times a week to watch the kids while I go in for non stress tests and IV iron treatments.)
We got our tree up and decorated the week of Thanksgiving. I tried to get the kids to sit in front of it to get a picture to post here, but I could never get all 3 kids to look at the camera (and look semi-non-goofy) at the same time. I got our family Christmas letter written last week. Of course, the first paragraph reads something like this: "We are pleased to announce the arrival of the newest member of our family - so and so somebody. He/she arrived on December ??? and weighed in at ???lbs and was ??? inches long." I figure it will be easy to fill in the blanks on the baby info after the baby gets here, and I won't have the stress of writing the WHOLE letter. Hopefully we'll be able to get a good picture of the family and/or the kids soon after the baby comes, then I can get the photo Christmas cards made, copy the letters, and if all goes well, get everything into the mail before Valentines Day:)

WEEKEND report: Saturday morning Tim got to go pick up Jasmine from another overnight stay at the vets. I took her in on Friday to have her stitches removed, and as they were taking out the ones on her worst laceration, I questioned whether they were ready to come out. The vet technician assured me it was fine, and took out the sutures. I had been home about 15 minutes when Aaron pointed out to me that the entire wound was wide open. I took Jasmine back to the vet, where the tech was appropriated aghast and ran to get the vet. He looked at it and said, we'll need to sedate her and stitch it again. Another $100 later... (they only charged us for the anesthetic, not the overnight stay, vet time, etc...
Saturday was a great day for BYU football - taking down San Diego and ending a perfect conference season.
I had intended to go over to the BYU bookstore and pick up a copy of Anne Bradshaw's book "Please, No Zits" and visit with her for a few minutes at her book signing. However... it was snowing all day, and ever since I got into an accident 3 years ago I really DREAD driving on icy roads. (I was driving down the steep hill to get out of our neighborhood when I couldn't stop at the bottom and slid right out into traffic on State Street - I had the kids in the car with me. Luckily no one was hurt, but mentally - it is still very much with me! Aaron still freaks out when we go down the hill if there's any snow at all on the ground.) If I don't absolutely HAVE to go out, I don't! (Sorry Anne)

I woke up this morning feeling awake - which as you know is pretty rare, so I took advantage of it and got up early (for me) and showered, washed 2 loads of laundry, got Aaron off to school, and still had time to sit quietly for few minutes before I had to wake up Katrina for Speech Therapy. From there we ran a few errands before the 11:30 Dr. appt. After that I took most of the day pretty easy, just your basic keep kids out of the toilet, referee any major arguments, homework, and meal prep stuff, but boy am I ready for bed now!

Until next time -

1 comment:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Yes, I do know what those extra days are like! And everyone keeps asking, "Haven't you had that baby yet?" and you just want to slap them silly!

The best thing I ever found to do during this last days is to spend time just entertaining yourself. Watch your favorite movies, read books by your favorite authors, and do everything you can to keep your mind off it. I've tried it both ways, and entertaining myself is much better.

Hang in there!