Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Nobody freak... I'm really OK

Charlotte, thanks for the kind comments in response to my "liar liar" post. Now I'm worried that people are going to freak out and think I've gone completely over the edge... Please, don't call the police, DCFS, or the suicide hot line, I'm really doing ok - (at least today anyway:) I would not have been able to post so "openly" if I was still in the "depths of despair." Its one of my quirks, I can only be open about where I've been AFTER I'm out - or at least on my way out...

Even when I am depressed, I am still cognizant enough to recognize that it is the depression talking - not really me. (That's how I rationalize not treating it thus far... when I can no longer differentiate between the depression talking and reality, then it will be a problem that needs to be addressed. Of course, if that is the case and I am unable to differentiate... i won't know that, will I??? HHHmmmm yet another depression catch 22. Oh well.

HI HO HI HO it's back to the kitchen I go!

10 comments:

Charlotte said...

Okay-- I won't freak.

I'll probably think twice the next time I ask one of my VT-ees how they are though.

Sandra said...

Love you Jeri

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

You know, it's funny how you write so often about what I am feeling too! I can never be open about something as I good through it. I need to at least be at the tail end!

I have started reading a book that has changed my way of seeing everything. It is called "a new earth" It is part of Oprah's book club.

I want you to read it. I can't lay it down. If you can't get through the first chapter, skip to the second. That is where the good stuff really starts.

It has totally changed the way I look at life, myself and everyone else. You will love it. Let me know what you think.

Unknown said...

Aww Jeri. Hugs to you.

hang in there.

Harmony said...

Yep, no freaking necessary. If you can recognize that you're thinking irrationally, even if you can't stop it yet, then you're not too far down the spiral. Hang in there!

Corinne said...

If the "white coats" show up at your house, then we'll worry. Until then, we'll just ask how you are and expect the "I'm fine" response...just expect the "liar liar" response in return. :-) How about we just support and love you!? :-)

Thoughts living in unincorporated Salt Lake County's suburbia said...

Hello J!

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

Yeah, it's those times when I am freaking out, all the while inside my mind I am thinking, "Why am I freaking out about this?" and I really don't know. That's when I realize it's hormones or "could it be Satan?" I feel like I'm posessed at times like that. But, as long as I recognize that I am being irrational, maybe your right...I'll get over it.

Shellie said...

I thought the same thing, if you can't differentiate, how will you know to get help? That's why we need close family and friends watching over us all.

LaChelle said...

If it makes any difference at all, I think you're fantastic :)