Friday, July 25, 2008

A pondering...

This morning I was reading in the Ensign and I read something that really me think, and I just thought I'd share.

Testimony is to know and to feel, conversion is to do and to become.”
(Elder Oaks)

I've been thinking about a lot of things lately, and this quote was an answer to many things I had been pondering.

I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. I have a testimony of His church. I have a testimony of His Gospel and His prophet on the earth today. Apparently what I do NOT have is a solid CONVERSION. In general, I do the basics, but not consistently enough and not with true full purpose of heart. I would say that I have a solid testimony, (I know and feel) but I really am lacking in the "becoming."

So - ponder with me if you wish. I am (once again) choosing to become converted. To BECOME all that I was sent here to become. To spend the rest of my life APPLYING my testimony and working harder at DOING what I need to do, but this time with more of a focus on letting that DOING work within me to help me BECOME.

Do that make sense? Oh well, if not; it makes sense to me, and since it's a personal commitment, I'm the only it needs to make sense to. Ya'll have a great day!

1 comment:

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

I love that quote! That is a great thing to ponder. I think most of us are struggling with full conversion. As you work towards that, just remember, line upon line, precept upon precept. I remember my mother telling me that although we cannot become perfet in this life, we can become perfect in certain areas. I can become perfect in paying tithing (or in your terms, fully converted). I need to join you in the quest to become fully converted. Thank you for giving me something to ponder.