Wednesday, July 9, 2008

a great site for the CHEF in you

Hey - this is just a quick heads up- if you are interested in getting some great tips from a real live "culinary school graduate" chef - (and my own personal friend) Stephanie. She started this website a while ago and I think there are some great things on it. The site is http://groups.msn.com/chef-tess-com/homepage.msnw

In the "make a mix" section you will find how to make your own "rice-a-roni" (cheaper and less 'mystery' ingredients), homemade baking mix (aka Bisquik) and there is a recipe for making your own "cream of whatever" soup.

Another really great thing is an alcohol substitution list. I think this is great, because I never knew what to do when a recipe called for some alcoholic beverage.

There are lots and lots and lots of great dessert recipes, and handy tips like what happens when you tomato based products in aluminum foil or your homemade creamy soup base curdles when you add tomatoes. There are recipes and tips for soups, flour tortillas, pasta, freezer meal, and much more. If you have a cooking question - ask her - chances are she know the answer.

SO - pop and in and tell Steph that I sent you. (Actually I don't really care if you tell her I sent you. I just wanted to get the site out to a couple people whom I've told about it, and get it to any of you who would be interesting in checking it out.) (Holly - I'll be looking for that Thai chicken recipe that you made the other night to make an appearance.)

The only thing I don't love is that I find the site a bit hard to navigate. There are things that I know are on there because I read them when they first got posted, - but then I have a hard time finding it again when I am ready to use the information or make the recipe... (that's why I linked to the things I mentioned above. Hopefully the links will work and you can explore from there.)

anyway - if this is something you are interested ENJOY!

1 comment:

Shellie said...

Cool! I love the food stuff, I will check it out!