Monday, July 14, 2008

SURVIVOR/CONQUORER!!!

As you may have noticed - not much posting here last week. Tim was gone away to scout camp, and I didn't want to announce to the world that I was home alone with the kids. I try to not put too much personal info on my blogs (like where I live, my last name, etc...) But I suspect it wouldn't take a rocket science to figure out who I am where I am - if some psycho really wanted to...

Anyway - I never like it when Tim is gone, but we survived and all in all - we had a pretty good week.

My self assigned project for week was to paint and hang a wallpaper border in Katrina's room. I confess, I am obnoxiously optimistic when it comes to projects. I always way underestimate the time it will take to get it done. (it kind of drive Tim nuts, but mostly just makes him laugh at me...)

With this particular project, my plan was to paint the first coat Monday night, (after kids in bed, of course) then the second coat on Tuesday morning. (before the kids woke up) I'd let the paint dry a couple day while I rearranged and deep cleaned a couple other areas of the house, then hang the new wallpaper border on Friday, re-arrange the furniture in her room, and SURPRISE - house would be all perfect, clean and organized with a new room for Trina by the time Tim got home Saturday.
I won't bore you with the details (including yet another after hours trip to doctor's office with Bryan, and then off to the pharmacy to get and antibiotic for his ear infection) Needless to say, things didn't go exactly as planned, but the good news is that I did get the room done before Tim got home, and I LOVE IT!!!!! (So does Katrina, in case you are wondering) I promise I will take a picture and get it posted, but for now you'll have to be content with a teaser... this photo of the wallpaper border I used is from the Waverly site. (it is a discontinued pattern, but I happened to find a place online that still had 4 rolls on hand.) I did color matching (Sherwan Williams computerized "advanced color matching system") to get paint that matched the color in between the yellow pickets. It is a very light, softish/whitish yellow. I wasn't sure it was going to look ok and I freaked out a couple of times during the process, but when it was done I was in heaven! Everyone that comes to the house get dragged upstairs to ooohhhh and aaahhhh. By the way - did I tell you that I LOVE IT????

I LOVE IT!!!

3 comments:

Karlene said...

Very cute. I love wallpaper borders. It adds that little touch to the room.

Shellie said...

How cool is that? I love it too!

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

Congratulations! When we re-do a room, it's mostly my hubby that does it, while I keep the kids out of the way. You accomplished an amazing feat!