Thursday, July 3, 2008

Slow and Steady

you know the saying "slow and steady wins the race?" I believe it. I really do. UNLESS you walking the opposite direction on a moving sidewalk and it is set to move at a pace slightly faster than your own slow and steady pace. That's what it is like being a mother. You keep plodding away - the whole slow and steady thing, and you think you are making progress. Then you look around to discover that the little loves in your life are like that perpetual moving sidewalk. WHile it is just fine to go slow and steady, you really do have to trot every third or fourth step to even maintain the status quo. Getting ahead and winning the race? FORGET ABOUT IT!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there, Jeri. My mom swears it's all worth it.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

lol! I hear ya! There is no such thing as slow and stead! Just slow! I'm with you though! Keep up the good work. That is all we can do

Stefany said...

Hey, I was blog hopping and happened upon your blog. Another family of pickles!
Cute blog.

Shellie said...

SO TRUE! Eventually the race may slow down to meet us.

ali cross said...

Soooo true!

Unknown said...

Hey Jeri - here are the details for our lunch next week:

July's Blogger Babe Get-Together
Taco Salad at South Fork Park
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Provo, Canyon
11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Here are the things left to bring, if you could email me at ces@candacesalima.com and let me know if you can make it, and if so, what you can bring, I'd appreciate it.

Refried Beans
Cheddar Cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Onions
Salsa

Dessert
Bring Your Own Drink (BYOD)

See everyone there! Let's make this our big summer bash. Join us.

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

You are so good at analogies! This is a great one! Sometimes I just get off the moving sidewalk and let the little ones run around me, then when I get a burst of energy, or motivation, I get as much done as I can before I stop and let the kids run around me again. Those bursts of motivation are few and far between sometimes (much to my hubby's chagrin (sp?))