Friday, July 25, 2008

busy busy

Oh man - where does the time go? It's been a week since the birthday party post and while I feel like I've been SO BUSY, don't ask me what I've done, 'cause I'm not sure I could pinpoint anything. (truth be told, I've spend too much time reading blogs and surfing on the computer, but we'll let that go for now...)

Last night we went down to Shayne and Angela's house for a 24th of July get together. (my family) The kids had a great time playing, jumping on the tramp, and lighting fireworks; and we grown ups had a great time eating and visiting.

I got an email from Aaron's school a couple days ago and was shocked to realize that school starts in less than a month. Where did the summer go??? I need to get busy and order his clothes. (I love uniform policies! Not only does it help with behavior and feelings of inclusion in school - it really makes it easier to do the shopping! Speaking of shopping, I need to go out and get him a cub scout shirt. Now that he is 8 we are embarking into the great world of scouting. He was able to do to cub scout day camp the weekend before his birthday, and last week they went and took a tour of the police station. I think he'll love scouting - hope his den mother doesn't go nuts trying to keep him under semi-control.

I am trying to figure out what to do for Katrina in regard to preschool. She misses the school cut of by 2 weeks, so she has another year before starting school. She is totally ready to go. she wants to go. She is reading basic words and books, and she loves it. I loved the preschool that we sent Aaron to, but it is a 20 minute drive away, each way, (which means if I try to come home after dropping her off, then drive back to pick her up - let's just say it adds a lot of time, and gas money to the scenario) and I'm not sure I want to commit to that. I'm looking at one in Springville. It's about the same tuition cost, and closer, but still... What I really think is that I need to be disciplined and do "preschool" at home. It would save lots of money, and be good time spent together. I just know myself so well, and I don't believe I would follow through.


Life just keeps flying along. I better get going and get going on my work for the day.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

My son loves cub scouts. He just finished up a week of cub camp. Can you believe that? A full week, 9-3. Bb guns, bow and arrows, tie dye pirate bandanas, more bb guns, crafts....he had a ball. If I could just skip the big events like the pine wood derby, and raingutter regatta, we'd be OK. Those things are no fun to make (at least for me, your husband will probably enjoy it)

Sandra said...

Oh, Kristi, I had 5 boys and now that they aged deacon to elders quorum I don't miss cub scouts until it is time for the pinewood derby. I just loved making those cars. In fact, the year I was den mother, I made a car- and it beat all the boys'. they were very impressed.
So, I guess it is a good thing that some moms like it and some like the rest of it, hm?

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

Cub Country for a week?!?!? Wow! I just went with our cubs for two days! I bet the boys had a blast! I am a Den Mother (Bear den). It can be a lot of fun, but it's not easy to keep boys focused. The pinewood durby was fun for me, I just had to show up and do the Flag Ceremony. Which reminds me, I need to call my boys today and remind tehm we get to do Flag Ceremony again!

As far as Preschool goes, it sounds like your little genius might need an advanced preschool, but, then hope that your kindergarten is advanced, too, or she will get so bored in school.
It sounds like your kids go to a Charter School or a Private School. My dd goes to a Charter School and we love it (she's getting a little tired of the unniform). I will have bth my dds in the Charter School this year. I am very excited!