Monday, April 2, 2007

GIGO

You know what they say - Garbage In Garbage Out...

While my spirit was being beautifully fed over Conference weekend, I wasn't being so kind to my body. I don't know why it is I have the mental idea that junk food is so great. I know it isn't good for my body, and oh boy - am I regretting my eating actions of yesterday. I feel YUCKY! Bryan doesn't feel well either - his stomach is very unsettled. He kept me up for several hours last night. Aaron is staying home from school today with similar complaints. Do you think I'll learn my lesson this time and learn to exercise a little bit of impulse control and will power?

On the happier side - I really enjoyed LDS general conference. I am dreading the day when President Hinckley dies. Every time he speaks now I worry that it might be his last talk. I was doing fine this time, until he closed his final remarks with the word "goodbye." I was vividly reminded of the prophets in the Book of Mormon who end their books with "farewell." I know he has lived a long and good life, and that he is anxious to see his beloved Marjorie again, but I have loved him as a prophet (and apostle) and I will really miss him...
(okay - that wasn't much happier, was it? Let me try again)

For Sunday conference we spent the day at my mom's. We don't have TV reception at my house so we can only listen on the radio. My brothers Mike and Shayne (and their families) came, and after conference was over we had a big old meal and lots of munchies (left over "conference treats") and played a rousing game of dice. It was really fun. We've started a new tradition just this year that we are getting together once a month to eat and play games - just to keep the relationships strong. It's WONDERFUL!

Well, - I think I'm going to go eat some antacids for breakfast and then rest some more. YUCK!

1 comment:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I felt just like you did about Pres. Hinkley saying "goodbye". I had a little chill.

I love conference too and it was so good.

We get together with all my sisters once a month to play games. It is so fun for the kids and the grownups. I love family.