Monday, April 16, 2007

What a weekend

I had a mostly wonderful weekend. Tim and I dropped the kids off at my parents on Friday afternoon and we drove up north to attend the wedding festivities of my best friend (Charlotte) from my college days. It was wonderful! (Our anniversary is April 27th, so Tim and I took this as our anniversary celebration as well) Charlotte looked beautiful! Eric (the groom) seems to be very nice. And most importantly, they LOOKED so happy and content and in love. It was just perfect! It was great to see all of Charlotte's family again, I can't believe how time flies.

I got to visit with two of my former roommates - Melissa and Amy- and it was so great to catch up with them! I believe the TRUE test of friendship is when you can go SO many years with ZERO contact, and then you just seem to pick up right where you left off. It was so great to see them again and talk about the good old days.

We took a couple pictures while we were there, but since I am technologically challenged, I don't know how to get them from my camera to the computer. I'll have to have Tim do it for me, then if I get permission from Melissa and Charlotte, I'll post a few...

the not so wonderful parts of the weekend???

- Charlotte sang a couple songs at her wedding, and they were great! - except that two of them have been stuck in my head for 3 days now!!! It is really annoying, especially when I only know tiny catches of the songs, so I can't sing them and be done with it...

- Saturday night, I was already really tired from the trip north and not sleeping too well in a strange bed, and I ended up in the ER with my little Bryan until 3:00 in the morning. He had bronchiolitis (AKA croup) I've had kids with croup before, but never like this. He couldn't breathe. He'd fall asleep for a few minutes (15 minutes max), then wake up screaming and crying and wheezing and unable to get a breath. I was worrying that perhaps he had eaten something and was having an allergic reaction or something. At the hospital they ran a number of tests and after a breathing treatment and a oral coritsone steroid treatment thing, he was finally breathe and could sleep. Needless to say - I was very tired at church on Sunday, and as soon as we got home, I crashed for like 3 hours! (Thank goodness for good husbands who pick up the slack.)

That's about it. Not too exciting I know, but it my life and I like it. OH - you know my little scuttelaria that I planted a week or so ago. It has 3 tiny little blooms on it!!! HOORAY

Later -

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

If you want to post a picture or two-it's completely okay by me.

It was GREAT to see you! Thank you so much!