Friday, April 27, 2007

Happy Anniversary! -

This morning I looked at my calendar to see what was on the menu for dinner, and saw that today is our anniversary. Before you think I am absolutely terrible to have not already KNOWN... we considered our trip to Logan for Charlotte's wedding as our anniversary, so to be honest, it was completely off my radar. When I saw it on my calendar, I called Tim to wish him Happy Anniversary, got excited that I wouldn't have to make dinner - we'll just go out, then thought I'd fill out this wedding meme that Melissa had on her blog last month. (Hers was TONS better because it had lots of beautiful pictures, but I don't know yet how to scan photos on our new machine... Maybe I'll add some later if I ever get around to asking Tim how to do it.)


1. Where/How did you meet? We were set up on a blind date by one of Tim's former girlfriends. She got married while he was on his mission, and she told me one that if she couldn't marry him, she wanted to pick his wife...

2. How long have you known each other? 11 years

3. How long after you met did you start dating? hard to answer. our first meeting was an informal dat'ish kind of thing. I was living in SLC and Tim went down to school at BYU a couple weeks after we met, but he worked Friday nights/Sat mornings in South Jordan so He and I would go out on Friday nights, and he was dating up a storm at school the rest of the time. We dated more seriously after about 6 months or so.

4. How long did you date before you were engaged? 1 1/2 years

5. How long was your engagement? 4 months

6. How long have you been married? 9 years today

7. What is your anniversary? April 27

8. How many people came to your wedding reception? a lot

9. What kind of cake did you serve? I think it was white with raspberry filling.

10. Where was your wedding? Salt Lake Temple - Reception at church house in AF.

11. What did you serve for your meal? Light refreshments at reception included chicken salad sandwiches, chocolate mints, beverage, and I think something else, but I can't remember exactly what...

12. How many people were in your wedding party? Tim's brother Brent was best man and Charlotte was maid of honor.

13. Are you still friends with them all? of course

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? I don't recall. I don't think so.

15. Most special moment of your wedding day? the whole thing was wonderful.

16. Any funny moments? not that I can think of.

17. Any big disasters? nope

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We took a week long driving trip up into Montana, and Canada. We to fairmont hot springs, horseback riding, played tennis, hiking, river rafting, Banff, camping in the snow at Lake Louise, Calgary Zoo, Cardston Temple... and more!

20. If you were to do your wedding over... I would change NOTHING! It was perfectly perfect!

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? Whichever side is closer to the bedroom door so that I have less distance to travel (and less things to trip over in the dark) when the the kids wake up in the middle of the night. Currently it is the right side.

22. What size is your bed? KING

23. Greatest strength as a couple? Both very easy going - neither of us are fighters or yellers, so it is a very calm and peaceful marriage. We've honestly never really fought about anything, because we have never had any issue come up, that we disagreed about, that either of us have felt strongly enough about to make an issue of it.

24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Both easy going - so decision making can be a challenge since we both like to let the other person chose what they want...

25. Who literally pays the bills? Tim

26. What is your song? As far as I know, we don't have one.

27. What did you dance your first dance to? We didn't do the dance at the reception thing.

28. Describe your wedding dress: Beautiful - short sleeves, long train that bustled up in back. Roses on the back, scalloped around the bottom. Don't really know how to describe it, but I thought it was beautiful.

29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? silk roses, white and red. My bouquet is on my piano as we speak.

30. Are your wedding bands engraved? no

31. How old were you when you got married? 27, Tim was 25

I consider myself very blessed to be married to such a good man. It has been 9 wonderful years and I am looking forward to many many many more! It just keeps getting better and better!

1 comment:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

My dear sweet Jeri,
I have missed you! I am sorry I haven't been by in a while. I was just going to email you and I realized that after the SECOND time my computer crashed, I had lost your email address and charlottes too.

I hope you are doing ok. I know you said you have been down lately. Please lean on me.

email me K?

I can't wait to see you! I loved this post! Now we need a new one!

I love you!