Friday, April 6, 2007

Planting away


I recieved my new plants yesterday that I ordered from High Country Gardens. I got four of them planted yesterday, but haven't got the rest in the ground yet. I'm working at it, but I wasn't quite ready for them. (I'm building rock wall terraces in our backyard, and hauling the dirt (one bucket at a time) to backfill them. I getting close to being done, but it is hard work and I needed a break - so here I am...

Not that ya'll are really interested in my plant selection, but I am very excited about them so here are some highlights of the things I'll be planting today. (They are all xeric/waterwise plants)

The yellow flower is a Hymenoxys (sundancer daisy) , the pink one is Mirabilis multiflora (wild four-o-clock), the small purple one is Scutellaria (Prairie skullcap), and the bush is a Rhus trilobata (three leaf sumac) with edible (tart) berries that the birds love to eat. (and I love the color it turns in the fall.

Well, enough of this - I'd better get back to work or my little plants will never get into their new homes.

1 comment:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

All very beautiful! I love planting new flowers and making my yard beautiful!

Congrats~