Friday, August 31, 2007

Football season is here!

I just read Candace's blog all about the BYU season opener - (www.candacesalima.blogspot.com) I'm LOVING IT! I love cougar football (which is funny since I never went to BYU and I actually have a semi-negative view of going to school at BYU - but that's another story), but since getting married, football season is always a bit challenging for me - because what I want is to be parked in front of a TV somewhere for every game (or in the stadium) - but my husband doesn't like to watch sports. (He has issues with all the "good people" who lose complete control and all good sense when a game doesn't go the way they want... - and I have to admit, he is right about that. We've all seen and heard those people...)
Anyway - because we don't subscribe to cable, I spend game days glued to KSL radio. Given my druthers, I'd listen to the pre-game show, the game and the post game show. I try to be doing something "productive " at the same time, so that I don't get too many looks from my darling hubby. I try to contain myself somewhat if I don't like a call or a play.
Sometimes, right at the end of a close game, I'll run next door to catch the end of the game on my neighbors TV - but usually I just turn up my radio, move a little closer, and HOLD MY BREATH....

My plan is that once my kids are old enough that I don't have to be constantly taking care of them, (give me another 6-10 years), then I'll be able to leave everyone to their own devices and I'll be watching the games! Until then, I'll just have to be grateful that KSL radio has good sports casters who make the game as "visual" as it can be.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Jeri -- if you're anywhere near the vicinity of Utah County, email me. You can come watch the games at my house, at least the ones we can get. We literally make a party of it. We'll be hitting the friend's houses with Comcast at different times as well.

Go Cougars!

Unknown said...

By the way, Jeri . . . if you post on a regular basis, which it seems you do, then I'd really love for you to join our LDS Blogs Webring. We're creating a community of safe, fund, informative blogs that people can cruise around on without running into the more nefarious parts of the blogging world. Please pop on over to my site, find the LDS Blogs Webring on the right hand side of my page and click on Join. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Oh my word, I'm back again. But with a really fun idea:

I'll admit it, I ripped this idea off the JustaBeachKat blog. But every woman blogger in my area of the country, within driving distance, let's get together for lunch? How fun would that be . . . it will be the first meeting of the Utah Chapter of BEAUTIFUL BABBLING BOISTEROUS BLOGGING BABES. Email me at ces@candacesalima.com and let's pick a day for our first meeting!