Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sleep Deprivation and a house guest

All I want to do right now is take a nap! Trina woke up screaming in the middle of the night with her ear hurting. It was too late for our pediatrician's after hours clinic, and I wasn't convinced that it was serious enough to warrant a visit to the ER so we toughed it out. This morning , as soon as the office was open, I took her in - certain she'd have a blazing ear infection. (She is my ear infection kid) NOTHING! Her throat was a bit red, but nothing alarming. Our best guess is that she's caught the cold that Aaron and I are just getting over (we both had pretty bad sore throats) and that her throat is hurts and the pain is trans locating up into her ear.
She just feel asleep a little while ago (i dozed for a few seconds too, before Bryan decided that he needed to be snuggling right on top of me...) I put on a movie that I thought would help Bry go to sleep, but it didn't work. He'll probably do his "fall asleep just before it's time to go do afternoon carpool" trick. Oh well. I guess you just have to do what you have to do.

In other news, We'll be having a "house guest" move in sometime in the next day or two. A sister I visit teach really struggles with managing money, (and by that I pretty much mean that she is basically inept at) and other portions of her life too, for that matter. I'm not trying to be mean, just stating the facts as I see them. She decided the she has been "directed" (by inspiration) to move back down to Cedar City, where she lived before being inspired to move up here a little more than 2 years ago. Trouble is - she told her landlord she'd be out by the end of August (not 30 days notice) because she didn't want to have to pay Sept's rent. She did this - 1) not having a new place lined up in Cedar 2) not having a job lined up (she doesn't have a job up here right now either; she's been on unemployment for the past 3 or 4 months.) 3) having so many unpaid and late bills that she'd never be able to get new utilities set up in her name in another place without paying off some of these, and 4) absolutely NO MONEY to put towards moving costs, new apt deposit and rent etc...
See what I mean about now being real wise in money and life decisions?

Anyway, after much deliberation, Tim and I decide to offer her our extra bedroom in the basement for ONE month, on the condition that she allow me to oversee all finances so that we can hopefully get some of these past due bills taken care of, and give her another month to find a job and place to live in Cedar City. I am expecting it to be a rather challenging month, but I keep telling myself that I can do it. Should be an adventure.

Aaron's first week of school seemed to go well; he likes his teacher (so do I, I think she'll be really great for him this year).
Bryan turned 2 last week.
And basically, that's my life right now - in a nutshell.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Ironic, isn't it? You're housing someone bound for Cedar City in YOUR basement?

It reminds me of when Laura was in my parents basement for that month or whatever it was. Didn't Doug call her "Jeri" the whole time? And when people would call for her, he would tell them they had the wrong number, because he was never really aware of the fact that she was living there?

Hopefully you'll be more kind to and aware of your guest!

(I'm sure you will)

:)