Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Planning Stress

Life is a bit crazy right now. We are supposed to leave for our family vacation Saturday morning. I've been trying to get everything planned out, and When I finally had an itinerary that I felt worked well, with two nights per campsite (to minimize the set up camp/take down camp woes), I got online to book the campsites - I was certain it would all be available since it's not a holiday, not a weekend, etc... NOT ONE SPOT was available for BOTH of the days I wanted. Can I just tell you how frustrating that was???!!!!

I did some more looking and planning and rearranging and got a vacation booked, but now we are back to our usual set up camp/take down camp everyday thing. I hate that! Oh well. I'm hoping Aaron is old enough now that he can be a bit more help, and Trina enjoys helping if I can figure out the best way to use her 3, almost 4, year old assistance.

We are going along the Northern California coast to visit the Redwoods. I am excited. It is beautiful country and has a perfect mixture of nature, trees, mountains, cliffs, beach and ocean. I should be a lot of fun, and fit within our budget.

Now my stress is to plan the menu - buy the supplies, do make ahead meal prep, make my packing list, and get everything ready to go. I'll just say this - I will be glad come Saturday when we are on the road and I can adopt the attitude of "anything I forgot we will just have to do without or buy along the way."

Well - I'm not getting anything done sitting here, and my list of things to do it PRETTY long today (I did get the lawn mowed already this morning, so one thing is crossed off:), so I'd better get crackin'

Later----

1 comment:

Harmony said...

All I can say is that it's a good thing you are in your second trimester and have some energy. Have a great trip--it sounds like fun.