Thursday, August 30, 2007

another "nothing to post" post


As I sat down to to post something on my blog today, this is what I was going to say: "well, the day's laundry is hanging out on the line, the menu is planned, the grocery shopping is done for the next week and a half, the fridge is cleaned out, and the groceries have been put away put away."

Then I starting thinking, "who in their right mind would care about that?" (besides maybe my husband, who will be glad to know he gets to eat for the next little while:) This of course led to my pondering why in the world I even have a blog, and what is the purpose of all this blogging that goes on every day all over the world, etc... (see what trouble happens when I forget myself and start to think? VERY DANGEROUS!)

What conclusions did I come to? I don't really know how this world wide blogging thing got started and caught on, but the reason I am hooked is that I actually do enjoy reading about the daily ins and outs of my friends lives. "boring" or not. I feel like I get to know and be a part of their lives - on my terms. By this, I am comparing it to when a friend may call because they just want to sit and chat about a whole lot of nothing - while what I really want to do is get my stuff done so I can either just relax or I can play with my kids. Reading peoples blogs, on the other hand, I get to read posts as I have time, I can choose to respond, or I can just smile and be happy to feel a part of what's going on.

Ya, Sometimes I wish I had more "intelligent" things to write, or more "interesting" things to report on, a more "entertaining" writing style or something... but the fact is, I am who I am, and my life is what it is. My life at times seems a bit mundane and not too interesting, but I am enjoying this stage I am in right now - exhausting though it may be - and I am looking forward to other stages that will follow. Blogging takes on a bit of a journalistic nature for me, so I figure blogging the 'boring' ins and outs of my days is fine. I am certain that there are many other people out there who are just as pleased as I am when they can say,

"The day's laundry is hanging out on the line, the menu is planned, the grocery shopping is done for the next week and a half, the fridge is cleaned out, and the groceries have been put away." Exciting - no. An accomplishment for me that I am proud of? You'd better believe it! GO ME!!!

Ya'll have a great day!

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Go you indeed.

As for me, the laundry is overflowing out of the hamper, the menu is planned, the grocery shopping was done, but upon discovering a rather moldy carton of sour cream this morning, I now need to make another quick trip to Macey's, the fridge still has a piece of leftover steak that Eric brought home from a BBQ to which we were invited nearly two weeks ago, and the groceries are mostly put away.

Two out of five isn't bad, right?

(however, I AM about 75% finished with the wedding thank-you notes)


GO CHARLOTTE!

;)

Jeri said...

GO CHARLOTTE! I tell ya - if we don't celebrate the "little" accomplishments we'd never get to celebrate.

I found a moldy sour cream in MY fridge too!!! I don't even want to think about how long it was hiding back there:)

You are amazing with your thank you cards. I got about 60 - 70% or mine done, then fizzled out. I had a group that were done - that I never actually sent. I found them in a box downstairs a couple years ago, but I rather then send them out (6 years late)- I just threw them away and figured no one would be any the wiser.

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm in the middle of doing laundry right now myself. I WISH I had clean enough air outside to dry my clothes on a line. I miss that wonderful smell.

I wish I had as much done as you got done today. Leaves me with a lot of work.