Monday, August 20, 2007

HOME SWEET HOME

I believe I've heard it said that you know it was a good vacation when you are glad to come home. It was a very nice vacation - and I am VERY glad to be home.

I will give you a brief (as if I could do anything in a "brief" manner) travel log in a day or two - - (I want to post some pictures with it, so I'm hoping Tm will be able to download the pictures without overheating (and thus crashing) the entire hard drive.) but suffice it to say that the coastal Redwoods are simply awe-inspiring. It was beautiful! My kids LOVED the ocean. The weather was cooperative and we made the trip safely. What more can you ask for???

Today I will be tackling Mt. Washmore (a flylady'ism meaning huge mountains of laundry) and taking Aaron over to his "meet the teacher and find your desk" day at school. He starts school tomorrow and I'm not real excited about getting him up and ready to go by 8:00 everyday. (Today he slept in until just before 10:00 am, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and let him sleep since I know he's fighting a cold - we all seemed to have caught one while on vacation, I'm feeling a bit stuffy and Bryan seems to have a mild cold as well.) I also need to go grocery shopping for the week. Luckily Tim made out a menu for me last night, so the planning portion is done - which makes the shopping job is immensely easier!

Wish us luck with the picture download - I'm excited to see the pictures and share some of them with you!

Later -

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great vacation. I'm tackling my own Mt. Washmore right now. I got behind without realizing it until today. Good luck with the picture downloading!

Unknown said...

I dropped by because you've listed BYU football as one of your interests. Since it is one of mine too, that's how I found you. Which I believe I may have mentioned before, I don't know.

BYU Cougars Rock! is a blog I posted yesterday and thought you might enjoy.

Please consider joining my LDS Blog webring. If you'll got to my blog, and then look at the right column, just click Join when you see the ring.

Thanks!