Monday, June 11, 2007

more compassionate service

Charlotte and Harmony expressed "my" opinions much more clearly than I did. Harmony is right, there seem to be perpetual "takers", and it always seems to be the same people who are willing to give. Every once in a while when I feel particularly put out by being called all the time to fill needs, I remind myself that it could be a lot worse. I would much rather be in the position to be able to give, than to have some situation where I am in serious need. Ya know what I mean? one of our wards "takers" called for help again this weekend. here's the update:

I got a call last night from the comp. service sister (the new one just put over arranging babysitting) The sister in "need" is supposed to be going with the YW to girls camp (including her own 12 year old) this week. (Tuesday - Sat) She "forgot" to arrange child care for her other 2 children (2 rambunctious boys aged 8 and 10) She just called up the RS and told them that her husband is gone from 5am - 4pm each day, and that she would need child care provided for her kids.

The sister trying to line up child care was very frustrated by the whole thing. I agreed to help where needed.

I'm glad the one sister is going to camp, their family is like 99% (or more) inactive, and I had no idea she had even accepted a calling to go with the girls to camp. I think it's a great opportunity for them, because camp is usually a great time of spiritual growth and both mother and daughter desperately need that... The other plus is that at least the husband IS working (he has been unemployed for years and years)

I just hope that on my day to watch the boys it will be a "good" day for me. I'm optimistic it will be, as I'm feeling quite a bit better over all these days. And again, I am just super grateful that I am in the capacity to give, and that I don't have a real debilitating situation that would render me unable to care for my family.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

You are a better woman than I.

Aargh.

Harmony said...

Ditto what Charlotte said!